Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I want to hear home birth experiences please!!

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 26 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hi! I just got a positive on baby # 2, and I've always wanted to have a home birth. I got scared & had my daughter in a hospital 4.5 years ago. This will most likely be my last delivery so I want to do it this time! I wa
Lnt to hear your stories

KkU

O

I. N
B Anyone have a CD that they love??
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SLYMommy09
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Sorry for all the typos... I'm also looking for a pregnancy yoga DVD & wondered if anyone has one that they recommend. Thanks!

Quoting SLYMommy09:

Mobile Photo

Hi! I just got a positive on baby # 2, and I've always wanted to have a home birth. I got scared & had my daughter in a hospital 4.5 years ago. This will most likely be my last delivery so I want to do it this time! I wa

Lnt to hear your stories

KkU

O

I. N

B Anyone have a CD that they love??
Chunkymunkey922
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have a home birth, I used a birthing center that my midwife owned. It was basically a home just had some medical equipment in case of emergency. I loved it. My midwife was amazing. I am the type when I am in pain I just want to be alone and that'd exactly what she did. They let me lay in the tub and be miserable until I was ready to push.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Congrats! Sure :) i had ny first in tbe hispital (horrible experience) and last three at home. Here are the short versions

My second i went into labor after the chiropracter's appointment. My stepmom lives across the street. She came oyver and so did nt husband who got off work and was going to his second job. I was having mild contractions that seemed like braxton hicks. I told dh but said, go to work and i will call if i need you. I walked my stepmom to her house anf they seemed pretyy consistant. So i started timing them, about 3-4 mins apart! So i called dh and we called my midwife. Dh came home and thry started tk increase and became intense quickly. Dh set everythkng up and we called ny stepdad to pick up my 20 month old. I called again because they were so intense, my son next to my side, and she told me to take some calcium. Well, i did, layed my son got picked up. Then i had dh call again because I knew my baby was comingvery soon, lots of pressure. My midwife told me to lay on my side and try and pee on a pad. I started feeding pushy. About 15 mins later she arrived, i tried to pee, anf layed on tge bed. She checked me, baby was almost ready to come, my waterbag was bulging, so she popped it. I went on all fours and started to push. He came out beautifully. I held him on ny chest. He was not wanting to nurse. After my cord stopped pulsing daddy cut it. I got to nurse. My labor and birth was about 4 1/2 hours long.

second homebirth i was 10 days and very ready! I went into labor early morning. Took a shower to relax, waited for the kids to wake up and we watched a few cartoon, ate breakfast. My mom picked the boys up and we called rge midwife bur said to take their time because it was so early in labor. Dh and i went for a walk, then one of the midwives arrived, took bloodpressure and listened to baby. I wenr back and forth from laboring at home to walking around tge block. Then tge other midwife arrived during very active labor. I started to get so tired, i needed a nap, but i was too uncomfortable. baby seemed to be posterior and finally he turned. I was still tried and my midwide suggested taking a shower. So we hopped right back in. My midwife said to call when i started to feel.pushy. several contractions later i did, so we hopped out and went to the bed. I strated pushing on all fours. Midwife popped my water and then my son came. I turned ariund and he latched right on. No suctioning needed. He nursed for about 2-3 days straight. Lol my labor with him was 8 hours.

My third birth, my water actually broke first, with no labor. I went to bed tha night, woke up, still no labor. I was drinking and peeing so much. Midwife wasnt concerned, she said most go into labor within 24-48 hours. We had my mom take the boys and dh and i ran a few errands. we watched a movie. Then wr tried nipple stimulation.....it worked like a charm! I hopped into the bath to be sure it was it, then i got out and sure enough felt like labor, even thoufg contractions werent quite a minute long, bur they were 2-3 mins apart. We called the midwife and photographer. I was laboring in tge bath, and got out soon after they arrived. I felt pushy and warned them i might push for an hour like i did tge rest. Well, three pushed later and she was out! She came out the rifgt way but started to twist posterior with her hand near her cheek. i held her and waited for tge cord to stop pulsing, and daddy cut it. My labor with her was only 2 hours long.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Btw. Sorry for the horrible typos too, my phone sucks, and i have a two year old jumping all over me, with a baby ib my arms! Lol
micheledo
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Make an appointment with a midwife and go meet with her!  You will feel SO much better about a home birth.  They are well qualified and prepared for any emergency.  You can find one that fits your needs - one who will run all the tests and be more 'medical' or one who is more laid back and 'trusts' the process but still keeps an eye on things.  (Hope that makes sense).

I had a more 'medical' midwife with my 5th baby (1st homebirth).  She said she was ok with me not doing all the tests but still pushed for them.  I ended up doing a lot.  :)  She was great though and the experience was wonderful.  With my next homebirth I went with a different midwife.  When I said no to a test she never asked again.  It was great and more what I wanted.  

She actually missed the labor and walked in the room as I delivered the baby into my hands!! :D  

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I had a home birth 4 months ago. It was my first home birth, second child. I was scared myself due to the fact that I didn't know what to except past a certain point. I kept telling myself that I can do it. It was so important to me to have at least one home birth. I started hard contractions not long after I woke up. I was enjoying family time when the contractions started to increase in strength. I would rotate between a hot shower and bouncing/rocking on my exercise ball. I had back labor, so I only felt pain in my back and hips. About 1or 2 in the afternoon when I had the feeling that I needed to poop. Midwife was on her way and telling me not to sit on the toilet, and not to push. That was so hard, not pushing. I ended up laying on my bed while waiting for the midwife. She was on speaker phone telling me to pant like a dog and drink water while not pushing. She was about 30 minutes away when my water broke. At this point the urge to push was so over whelming it was hard to stop. When my midwife showed up I changed position. I didn't want to give birth on my back. I ended up leaning against my husband and squatting. At this point I was exhausted and didn't think I could go on. That's when my midwife told me to reach down and touch my baby's head. After that I had this new strength. My midwife showed up about 4:45and I ddelivered my baby at 5:18. I would do it all over again. I enjoyed going through this at home and resting in my own bed. After everything was cleaned up I relaxed with baby and ate dinner. The only thing I regret is not using my placenta. Next time I will turn it into pill form. This last time my sister burnt my placenta. We have a joke about it. My bil asked his sons what my sister was doing, they told him burning a piece of Aunt Michelle! LOL He didn't know what to think.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

WHOOO HOO, when I have the time I will come back with my birth story..it was my 5th and only home and natural birth

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Thats so cool that our first homebirths were our 5th kids! Welcome to the group!

Quoting micheledo:

Make an appointment with a midwife and go meet with her!  You will feel SO much better about a home birth.  They are well qualified and prepared for any emergency.  You can find one that fits your needs - one who will run all the tests and be more 'medical' or one who is more laid back and 'trusts' the process but still keeps an eye on things.  (Hope that makes sense).

I had a more 'medical' midwife with my 5th baby (1st homebirth).  She said she was ok with me not doing all the tests but still pushed for them.  I ended up doing a lot.  :)  She was great though and the experience was wonderful.  With my next homebirth I went with a different midwife.  When I said no to a test she never asked again.  It was great and more what I wanted.  

She actually missed the labor and walked in the room as I delivered the baby into my hands!! :D  

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! I have no hb story to share, unfortunately. But congratulations and good luck!

For diapers I love prefolds or flip inserts and thirsties covers during the day, and bumgenius pockets at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Yay, congratulations!! How are you feeling?
I had a homebirth and it was awesome! Long story short, pushed my baby out on my knees in a birth pool at home. It was amazing!!! No problems! No tearing! No separation!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)