Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What are some of your favorite meals to make?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm looking for some different meals to make.

What are some of your favorite?

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM

We like soups and chili.  I love to find new recipes and try them but my kiddos are seriusly picky.  We have started cooking all our meat on a grill outside and its changed how all our meat tastes for the better.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:46 AM
I hate cooking.
But I like eating. Some of my faves are breakfast burritos, bean burritos,pretty much anything in a tortilla, potato scramble, bread bowls, falafel wrap, chick pea salad sandwiches, vegetarian sloppy joes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoInLove515
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
shrimp and crab bisque
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Soups and pastas

conejoazul
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM
This year I joke we have become the bean-pot family, because we all seem to enjoy bean-based soups more and more as a lighter dinner meal. Anything with garbanzos or lentils in it is a hit as far as I am concerned because I can make a batch of those beans easily in the pressure cooker and then split them up into soup or humus or bean burger recipes. I love pastas, but am trying to make the committment to give them up (at least mostly) for weight-loss reasons. Because we live where we can get fresh-made corn tortillas folded in half while they are hot, we also always have "painted enchiladas" on hand which can be quickly filled with cheese slices or pumpkin flowers for a quick snack.
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Right now, my absolute fav meal is to roast a whole organic chicken and on top of chopped beets, sweet potatoes and onions. It's amazing!!!! I do red and golden beets.
mommas13
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Comfort food I love to cook everything, lasagna, green Chile chicken enchiladas to a pot of beans those Are my top 3 favorites
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Chicken with rice (or pasta when I'm not cooking for DH) and veggies.
It's my favorite meal to eat and cook because there's such little cleanup involved and I really like chicken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Natural-Mama
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

We like soups and chili.  I love to find new recipes and try them but my kiddos are seriusly picky.  We have started cooking all our meat on a grill outside and its changed how all our meat tastes for the better.

We love soups and chili, too. What are some of your kids favorites?

Natural-Mama
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting jellyphish:

I hate cooking.
But I like eating. Some of my faves are breakfast burritos, bean burritos,pretty much anything in a tortilla, potato scramble, bread bowls, falafel wrap, chick pea salad sandwiches, vegetarian sloppy joes.

Yum. They all sound good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)