Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natural birthing tips?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am a first time mom to be and I noticed that the closer to my due date the more scared I get of my natural birth plan I refuse to change my plans because I know that it is what I want to do but I am afraid I will at the last minute give up and get some form of medication and I don't want that. So does anyone have any tips on how to stay relaxed and stick with my natural birthing plan?

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Have a strong birth partner.
Breathe and move around as your body wants- rock, squat, crawl, whatever.
Have tools at your disposal like a birthing ball, a labor tub and/or shower, whatever.

Prepare yourself. Watch videos of natural births on YouTube.
Exercise now.
Take your RRL everyday.
Have a clear picture of what you want and visualize it everyday starting now.

GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM
it really helps if your able to labor at home for most of the time before going to the hospital imo. (midwives are not are not allowed in my state) your more relaxed and in comfortable surroundings. like PP said a strong partner who is in agreement with your birth plans will be very helpful, i suggest hiring a doula if you can afford to. Moving around through contractions will help, along with humming and rocking. focusing on a particular spot helped me ALOT even just staring at a certain painting on the wall or whatever. Im on baby number 3 (due in feb) and both my other births were pretty natural (no induction, pitocin or epidural) and I am nervous as well even though I have done it before. I believe its just natural to be a bit nervous. one thing that accidently helped me alot, was i saw a video of a woman getting an epidural. im not really all that afraid of needles (i have tattoos, getting blood drawn doesnt bother me etc) but when i saw how big that needle was, and they like shoved it in her spinal area....oh no...im more scared of that big ass needle going in my back than i am of labor. good luck. everything will be fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I agree with above!
Also, dont doubt yourself and remember wht you are doing this, for your baby. Also, when you feel yoy cant do it anymore, that means you are almost done! :)
lullaby572
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Yea. Stay relaxed and stick with your natural birthing plan. writing

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I really agree with this! Do you have a plan of how to get through labor? Hypnobirthing? Hypnobabies is really great and so is Hypnobirthing the Mongan Method.

Quoting jellyphish:

Have tools at your disposal like a birthing ball, a labor tub and/or shower, whatever.

Exercise now.
Take your RRL everyday.

GL!

caligirl7613
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM
true! and by that time its too late for pain meds anyway!!

Quoting Precious333:

I agree with above!

Also, dont doubt yourself and remember wht you are doing this, for your baby. Also, when you feel yoy cant do it anymore, that means you are almost done! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleAsp27
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Well I haven't put an exact birthing plan together but I know I wanted to have a birthing playlist to help I figured focusing on music and deep breaths rather than the labor pains would help a lot.

Quoting jconney80:

I really agree with this! Do you have a plan of how to get through labor? Hypnobirthing? Hypnobabies is really great and so is Hypnobirthing the Mongan Method.

Quoting jellyphish:

Exercise now.
Take your RRL everyday.

GL!

AleAsp27
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you everybody! It's all really good advice. and I have also heard that when you feel like you can't do it anymore you're almost done so that's that time to hold in there!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Yeah that would be transition! :)

Quoting AleAsp27:

Thank you everybody! It's all really good advice. and I have also heard that when you feel like you can't do it anymore you're almost done so that's that time to hold in there!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You should look into either one. Hypnobabies has tracks with calming music! It helped me out a lot and I learned how to deal with the pain. Also just educating yourself with reading about real birth can help your mindset so much because you know you are more than capable of doing what your body was made to do!

Quoting AleAsp27:

Well I haven't put an exact birthing plan together but I know I wanted to have a birthing playlist to help I figured focusing on music and deep breaths rather than the labor pains would help a lot.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting jellyphish:

Exercise now.
Take your RRL everyday.

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)