Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

friendly advice, no thanks :)

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 24 Replies
Remember how i posted a few days ago how I was having a hard time.getting things done because. Samara wouldnt let me lay her down? Well i was telling friend about it, dont know why because she uses cio method. Anyways she of course told me to just let her cry. She has 8 children and said her youngest is a spoiled brat brecause each time she cries one of her childreb pick her up. Of course they do, children are very intuitive I believe, they arent just going to let a baby cry. We didnt get into a conversation, i just smiled and nodded.
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalaboosh
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Ugh. People keep telling me to do that, too. Even AFTER I say I never would.
Itzy0ll0tl
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I HATE with a pasiĆ³n "friendly advice"....
My sister mom and sister in law all have "friendly advice" because I breastfeed on demand... They said I would be on schedule now (baby is 4mo).. That I am teaching him bad rabbits.. And from my sil: but.. Is he really hungry all the time....

So annoying.

But my sis goes in further about cosleeping. I am spoiling him for sleeping with him. And even because I dont cover him up all the time. Or because he doesnt have a long sleeved on with a sweater and a vest on top. My baby must be freezing!

Really annoying.
Itzy0ll0tl
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Btw I live in mexico. . So the "friendly advice" goes from giving him tea since he was born. Giving him CHICKEN SOUP in a bottle.start giving him fruit at 4 mos.. That my milk doesnt satisfy him.. And the list goes on and on...
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
My family always made the rude, unwarranted comments about how clingy and needy my babies were . I would always respond w a sarcastic "yeah, s/he loves me"

Now they remark on how the kids need a 'swat on the ass' over whatever random misstep they make.
My family also always comments on how well behaved and independent my kids are- go figure. By nurturing their needs and giving them safe consequences to their actions my children are growing into confident and well adjusted humans.

I'm glad we live a few hours away from my family.
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM

How terrible that someone would view their own child as a "spoiled brat", especially for behaving exactly as God designed their brain to function.  It's a tragedy :(.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I know, i was shocked she said that! Her baby is only maybe 2.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

How terrible that someone would view their own child as a "spoiled brat", especially for behaving exactly as God designed their brain to function.  It's a tragedy :(.

Khelmoria
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My cousins baby is 7.5 months old and only weighs 11 pounds! she had her on a feeding schedule form day one....it makes me sad :(

LaideBug
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM
So a bit off topic but it is so true about kids being intuitive. My 4yo will love on her sister if she is sad and I need help, and sometimes she is better at knowing how little sister is feeling than I am.
conejoazul
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM
We're in Mexico too!

So, I also hear some of the advice she mentions, but in our rural area I seem to get some quiet nods from some of the traditional grandmoms on several of my mothering choices, so I can't complain much.

Quoting Itzy0ll0tl:

Btw I live in mexico. . So the "friendly advice" goes from giving him tea since he was born. Giving him CHICKEN SOUP in a bottle.start giving him fruit at 4 mos.. That my milk doesnt satisfy him.. And the list goes on and on...
Precious333
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Is mexico very big on traditions? That could be why, maybe its hard to change ways, that could be a good and bad thing.

Quoting Itzy0ll0tl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)