Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Leaking prefold covers

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
Is there any salvaging a prefold cover made from PUL that has the water resistant layer damaged? My dryer is broken and got too hot and now my covers are all leaking straight through the bottom. Am I going to have to buy all new ones?
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

:(  bump

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:16 PM
My guess is they need to be replaced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM
It sounds like you will have to replace them =(
taeray
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I really hoping someone would have a magic fix. These are all brand new, only about a month old. V_V

Quoting jconney80:

It sounds like you will have to replace them =(
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Sounds like they need to be replaced.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM
They need to be replaced. Fixing them would cost more than buying new ones. That's why you're not supposed to put them in the dryer at all. They take such a short time to hang dry since they don't absorb any water at all, they're basically just drip drying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taeray
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Really?  I was told that you're supposed to put them in the dryer the first time and every now and then to seal any tiny holes in the poly.

Quoting polkaspots:

They need to be replaced. Fixing them would cost more than buying new ones. That's why you're not supposed to put them in the dryer at all. They take such a short time to hang dry since they don't absorb any water at all, they're basically just drip drying.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I've heard that too, but I've never done it. I would probably try it if my PUL was leaking, but I've never had PUL (aside from fuzzibunz which I just didn't like) leak at all.

Quoting taeray:

Really?  I was told that you're supposed to put them in the dryer the first time and every now and then to seal any tiny holes in the poly.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)