Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth after a Hospital birth...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:27 AM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think is better when having a natural birth?

Options:

At home

Water Birth

Natural Hospital Birth

Natural Birth are you crazy?!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

Okay so this is going to be my second birth.

I already have had one but it was your usual 2010 birth with all the epidural you can imagine. ;)

This time though I think I want a natural birth. I am acutally doing everything possible to make it as pain free as possible. I know that it is impossible for it to be pain free but I want to try.

I'm wokring out a lot and making sure my body is physically ready.

Now what I'm looking for is basically something like Laboaride (with an e) or a TENS machine.

Most people havne't herad of Laboraide so just google it. Before you give your opinion.

Thanks for you help. If there are any other forms of machines or devices you have heard of, then please don't be shy and share them with me.

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM

You can do it!  I had four hospital births before my two home births.  I wish I had done them all at home.

1st - hospital, pitocin, no pain meds
2nd - hospital, pitocin, non-working epidural
3rd - hospital, pitocin, epidural
4th - hospital, natural
5th - home, midwife
6th - home, caught her myself! 

mostlymaydays
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM
All 4 on mine were born in the hospital without any pain meds or drugs to augment labor and birth. But obviously it would be much easier to avoid that stuff if you were at home. I swear if my dh didn't have a genetic blood disorder I'd be home birthing. When I had my second the anesthesiologist came in all condescending and said "I know you *said* you don't want an epidural but I'm here to discuss it with you *just in case*." There was no way I would have given him the satisfaction after mocking me. Many doctors aren't comfortable delivering a baby with an unmedicated mother. My first 2 were born at a hospital that boasts all the interventions and I think I'm lucky it turned out as well as it did. My last 2 were born at a small hospital, both awesome waterbirths. I wouldn't birth out of water if I had a choice.
LilliesValley
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I had an all natural vbac in October. It was very healing after my csect. Assisted midwife births at home are illegal in my state so I had mine at a baby friendly hospital.

Op id look up baby friendly hospitals in your area. They are very pro bf and seem to be more supportive of natural birth all around. My birth plan was honored and ydd has been bf great.

Remember in a hospital you can ALWAYS say NO. A lot of women forget that. I'd probably risk an at home birth if I had a third.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I have 4 in hospital medicated vaginal births..my 5th was a home birth, labored in the pool til delivery and I chose to get out.  If I had been at the hospital I may have ended up with a csection because of a cervical lip and pushing for so long.  My water was also broke for 28 hours when i delivered.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM

What state are you in? I have not heard of a state where homebirth with midwives is illegal

Quoting LilliesValley: I had an all natural vbac in October. It was very healing after my csect. Assisted midwife births at home are illegal in my state so I had mine at a baby friendly hospital.

Op id look up baby friendly hospitals in your area. They are very pro bf and seem to be more supportive of natural birth all around. My birth plan was honored and ydd has been bf great.

Remember in a hospital you can ALWAYS say NO. A lot of women forget that. I'd probably risk an at home birth if I had a third.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
It depends on the situation and your available resources. I had a mainstream hospital birth first, my second was a hospital birth with an awesome cnm and a labor tub. I would have preferred a hb, but I like this cnm better than he hb mw. (And it was free to me)

Natural births can happen in any setting if the people around you are supportive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luke8212013
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quoting LilliesValley: I had an all natural vbac in October. It was very healing after my csect. Assisted midwife births at home are illegal in my state so I had mine at a baby friendly hospital.

How did your vbac go? I had to have a section with my son. And I was so depressed because I wanted all natural and got completely the opposite. Been thinking and reading about vbacs for when I get prego again. But scared. 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
How did your vbac go? I had to have a section with my son. And I was so depressed because I wanted all natural and got completely the opposite. Been thinking and reading about vbacs for when I get prego again. But scared. 

What scares you about a VBAC?

Luke8212013
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting Sarah725:

What scares you about a VBAC?

They told me there is risk for ruptured uterus?and my current gyne told me I would have to find a different doctor if I wanted to do vbac. Also that if I labored again I would end up with csection again...

LNLMommy
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I'm in NC and I know there are certain parts of the state where a midwife can't do home deliveries and all midwives here have to be backed by a physician no matter what. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

What state are you in? I have not heard of a state where homebirth with midwives is illegal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)