Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Congestion in pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Sam
  • 9 Replies

I've used steam with cayenne & lemon and also peppermint eo (with a towel over my head & everything). I lost my netti pot so that's not an option until I can get into town. 

Any suggestions. This pressure on the back of my throat is sooo not helping my morning sickness.

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a bulb syringe you can use until you find your neti pot? You can use it to squirt saline water in your nose. It's not as effective, but still pretty good. You can also take a shot of acv and/or gargle with warm acv water for your throat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

HUGS momma, I finally gave in and took meds after 3 weeks of that when I was pregnant

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I'm about to! I can't sleep as it is and this is so not helping

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HUGS momma, I finally gave in and took meds after 3 weeks of that when I was pregnant

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:48 AM
That's pretty much what I do. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Quoting srm8824:

I've used steam with cayenne & lemon and also peppermint eo (with a towel over my head & everything). I lost my netti pot so that's not an option until I can get into town. 

Any suggestions. This pressure on the back of my throat is sooo not helping my morning sickness.

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Quoting SlapItHigh: That's pretty much what I do. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Quoting srm8824:

Thank you! I am going into town today so I'll see what I can find at the health foods store!!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I had it with both of my pregnancies. After a few weeks I had to give in and take otc because I was miserable.

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I had it with both of my pregnancies. After a few weeks I had to give in and take otc because I was miserable.

What did you take? I've been using saline but I end up waking up at 2am. I wonder if this is linked to pregnancy. It starts around 8pm and ends around 8am. Weirdest thing ever.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Being congested is always my first sign of pregnancy. I have it the whole time. Natural remedies don't give me enough relief to function. I deal with it as long as I can then I take some Tylenol sinus.

Quoting srm8824:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

What did you take? I've been using saline but I end up waking up at 2am. I wonder if this is linked to pregnancy. It starts around 8pm and ends around 8am. Weirdest thing ever.

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Thanks, I'm really going to try to hold out and if I can't I will go get some. I was told by the pharmacy that nothing is safe during pregnancy for congestion and to wait until I see my midwife but that is not for another 12 days! 

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Being congested is always my first sign of pregnancy. I have it the whole time. Natural remedies don't give me enough relief to function. I deal with it as long as I can then I take some Tylenol sinus.

Quoting srm8824:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN