Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hoping for great news~*UPDATE!!!!!*

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Sam
  • 9 Replies

I posted this on my birth board as well but thought I'd post it here, too :)

Some of you know I have a subchorionic hematoma that caused bleeding last week...

Well, today at 2:00 is my ultrasound and I'm so nervous. Sooo nervous! Any prayers/positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully I can keep myself calm until then. It's consuming so much of my mind I've been dreaming about it all week.

I am hoping we get a strong heartbeat and a tiny subchorionic hematoma! I'm 6w6d.

Thank you ladies!

Update: I went to the OB today and since my insurance only covers 1 ultrasound (which I got in the ER) the doctor had to preform it on an old ultrasound machine. Well, that being said, I am really satisfied with what I saw. I saw what looked like a tiny gummy bear and a strong heartbeat! I didn't get a measurement or a heart rate but he said it looked fast/good. The only thing that kinda worried me was he asked if my other pregnancy had complications. Not sure if it was a general question or what. Either way, he said it's exactly what he expected and the only error was due to him not being an ultrasound tech. I got back in two weeks to get another one to measure the baby and get a due date then I get to go to my midwife! YAY

So... great news! 

Oh, I almost forgot... He didn't even mention the subchorionic bleed or say he saw it so I guess it's not much of a worry. He did keep me on pelvic rest and told me to take it as easy as possible for precautionary reasons!

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Sending you positive thoughts, my friend who had one went in yesterday at 17 weeks and hers is gone and she is now off bed rest!

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Sending you positive thoughts, my friend who had one went in yesterday at 17 weeks and hers is gone and she is now off bed rest!

That's great news! 

SlapItHigh
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Praying for good news!!!
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM

How many weeks are you?  I had one till about 9 weeks it went away.  Hope yours goes away soon.

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM
6w6d and he didn't see one on the ultrasound today so I'll see in 2 weeks if it's gone

Quoting Sarah725:

How many weeks are you?  I had one till about 9 weeks it went away.  Hope yours goes away soon.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:55 PM

That's great news, I know they can be stressful.

Quoting srm8824: 6w6d and he didn't see one on the ultrasound today so I'll see in 2 weeks if it's gone

Quoting Sarah725:

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Well, he just didn't comment on it. I assume it may still be there but I don't know. I hope it stays great news bc they are so stressful!!

Quoting Sarah725:

That's great news, I know they can be stressful.

Quoting srm8824: 6w6d and he didn't see one on the ultrasound today so I'll see in 2 weeks if it's gone

Quoting Sarah725:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM

YAY god news...that being said insurance will only pay for 1 US if its not medically indicated they WILL pay for more if needed

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Yay for good news!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)