Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Now I'm stressed

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

My midwife practice can only keep me on until 42 weeks. Having only gone past due date once out of 4 kids, I didn't think this would be a problem. I'm 40 + 1 today. My midwife (medwife) will start working on a transfer to an OB at my appointment next week. Ugh! We're still planning on a UC but I really don't want the hassle of a transfer.

Bouncing on the birth ball (I get some good contractions but they stop when I stop bouncing), walking, raspberry leaf tea, EPO, spicy Chinese, and I just baked a batch of "labor" cookies. *sigh*

Now I feel more stress and pressure to have my little man.

(I'm hoping that venting will trigger something psychologically LOL)

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Are you sure of your conception date? Either way, you have plenty of time so try not to stress :).
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Oh no, don't get stressed out.  Plenty of time still, I was hoping you had a Christmas baby.  Baby will come at the perfect time, just be excited that you know it will be soon.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

HUGS momma if you stress it could hinder delivery

larissalarie
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Try not to stress, 2 weeks is a L-O-N-G time to have to go into labor at this point :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3inTN
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks everyone. I know 2 weeks is a long time and stressing will not, and may even hinder labor... I'm just hurting so bad everyday. I have to force myself to walk. He's so low now that just standing up causes such pain and pressure. And at the same time his little feet are dug up and it feels like they are trying to separate the skin from over my ribs. I can barely eat and drink, 2 bites and heartburn kicks in. And sleep is near impossible. I have never been this miserable pregnant, I've always enjoyed pregnancy. Maybe it's my age (but I'm only 36) or that I'm trying to keep up with 4 other kids... but I feel rotten... and then I feel more miserable for complaining about being miserable. My poor husband... I haven't cried this much since the initial pregnancy hormones kicked in and I was crying about commercials! 

mrs.hartman12
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Yikes how stressful! Sending you lots of positive labor energy! 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

baby dust giving you labor dust today, thinking of you!

micheledo
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

:(  I'm so sorry.  I don't think it is age as much as it is just this pregnancy.  But that's my opinion.  :)  My 5th was the WORST one ever.  Tears, pain, soreness, more pain, more tears.  My 6th was the most amazing pregnancy EVER!!!  And obviously, I was older.  :D

Hangi n there.  It is so crazy how we can go from misery and the days stretching out eternally in front of us to 'this is it' and holding the baby in our arms.  Hope that is sooner rather then later for you!

Quoting momof3inTN:

Thanks everyone. I know 2 weeks is a long time and stressing will not, and may even hinder labor... I'm just hurting so bad everyday. I have to force myself to walk. He's so low now that just standing up causes such pain and pressure. And at the same time his little feet are dug up and it feels like they are trying to separate the skin from over my ribs. I can barely eat and drink, 2 bites and heartburn kicks in. And sleep is near impossible. I have never been this miserable pregnant, I've always enjoyed pregnancy. Maybe it's my age (but I'm only 36) or that I'm trying to keep up with 4 other kids... but I feel rotten... and then I feel more miserable for complaining about being miserable. My poor husband... I haven't cried this much since the initial pregnancy hormones kicked in and I was crying about commercials! 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! Breathe, relax, get a pedicure! Perfect excuse!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMeanestMom
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not too far behind you. I'm 38 weeks with baby number 4, and I have a horrible case of bronchitis. It sucks.

I was late with all of my babies. My last one was 10 days late, and my midwife said based on looking at the placenta he was truly at least a week late. I don't know why, but all my babies have liked to stay put an extra week or so. 

Fortunately, even though I'm uncomfortable I have SO much to do I'm kind of okay with her coming late. In fact, I'm almost counting on it, and so even though she could come "any day" I'm planning on at least 3 more weeks. And yes, part of me is hoping that by planning on it, murphy's law will kick in or something and she'll actually come on time, or a wee bit early.

((big hugs)) I know how hard it is. I have a "medwife" this go around too and it sucks. I seriously asked my midwife who did my homebirth to fly out from PA (I'm in AZ now)... I was half joking, but it was a wonderful birth. I'm dreading this hospital one. I don't feel comfortable going UC, so ya do what you gotta do I guess.

Sorry made this all about me... lol anyway sorry! And when I was 10 days late with my little boy we did have sex three times that day, and then I hooked up my breast pump, probably for an hour or so. Then went to bed, and woke up with strong contractions and bloody show, and baby was born 14 hours later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN