Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

broken washing machine!

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 16 Replies
Water keeps leaking when i use the washing machine. I just finished a load of diaper laundry despite the leak, the whole floor os soaked, and now baby is in disposables :( i am so disappointed. I have laundry to do for 6 people, plus i hate hate hate disposables! Dh and i share the van, plus i dont want to be stuck at the laundry mat with 4 kids! Grrrr. Hopefully we can find one soon! This is so annoying!
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM
My mom got hers basicallg brand new off of craigslist because the lady decided she didn't want a white one anymore! I hope you find one asap!
Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM
So far we have never had to buy a new one. I tjink we have had two dryers off craigslist and two dryers as well.

Quoting MaryJarrett: My mom got hers basicallg brand new off of craigslist because the lady decided she didn't want a white one anymore! I hope you find one asap!
NightSky1701
by Angela on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Oh that sucks! Mine is broken too. The motor went bad in it a few weeks ago. It will still spin and you can rinse with it as long as you don't walk away from it BC it will overflow if you do ha ha! I built my own washboard and have been using it in the bathtub but it takes more time for sure. But I refuse to go to the laundromat! The last time I used one the lady that worked there came out of the bathroom before she pulled her pants up and then her husband came in and started smoking pot right there inside the building! Im not judgmental at all about what people do on their own time but my kids were in there for goodness sake!!
Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Oh my goodness!

Quoting NightSky1701: Oh that sucks! Mine is broken too. The motor went bad in it a few weeks ago. It will still spin and you can rinse with it as long as you don't walk away from it BC it will overflow if you do ha ha! I built my own washboard and have been using it in the bathtub but it takes more time for sure. But I refuse to go to the laundromat! The last time I used one the lady that worked there came out of the bathroom before she pulled her pants up and then her husband came in and started smoking pot right there inside the building! Im not judgmental at all about what people do on their own time but my kids were in there for goodness sake!!
NightSky1701
by Angela on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Hey that looks nifty! And cheaper than a washing machine! Might save my back some too. Im going to see if I can figure out how to post a picture of my washboard. I made it all by myself.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

http://beprepared.com/mobile-washer-hand-operated-washing-machine.html?sc=GOOGLELA&oc=GOOGLELA&gclid=CLKNyPrD0bsCFax_QgodAzUAZw

Here's a cool gadget to help you hand-wash your clothes!

Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM
That's cool! Thank you!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

http://beprepared.com/mobile-washer-hand-operated-washing-machine.html?sc=GOOGLELA&oc=GOOGLELA&gclid=CLKNyPrD0bsCFax_QgodAzUAZw

Here's a cool gadget to help you hand-wash your clothes!

NightSky1701
by Angela on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

There she is! Lol Do you have anyone who can fix your machine for you? Im pretty handy with that stuff maybe I can help you figure out what's wrong with it if you don't have anyone.
Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Nice! Dh is good about that, but time is limited and he's in constant pain ftom.his siatica (sp?)

Quoting NightSky1701:

There she is! Lol Do you have anyone who can fix your machine for you? Im pretty handy with that stuff maybe I can help you figure out what's wrong with it if you don't have anyone.
NightSky1701
by Angela on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww. Well I Hope you can work something out soon! I feel bad for you cuz I totally know what you're going through!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)