Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

worried need advice

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:21 AM
  • 19 Replies

I was feeding my 5 week old last night and she usually finishes her 3 ounces. Well last night she ate 2 ounces and wouldn't eat anymore. She used to guzzle her bottles down and now she isn't. She won't finish them and this started last night before bed. Like yesterday she didn't seem hungry. My husband says she is fine. Why are we going backwards and she is only eating 2 ounces. Should I be worried? I think she is gassy but when I fed her 2 ounces and tried to feed her more she spit up quite a bit. Is something wrong with her? she doesn't have a fever I checked and she went right back to sleep once she was done spitting up.

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
farmlovin
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Are you pumping or formula feeding? Is she having adequate diapers? How many pees and poops does she have per day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahleesha14
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I am formual feeding yea she has had enough wet daipers and one poopy diaper a day

farmlovin
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Then I wouldn't worry about it. She's most likely fine. If she gets unresponsive, spikes a fever, incredibly fussy (out of the norm) then I'd call your doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahleesha14
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM

yea plus her dad fed her and she ate more. I don't get that either. She wouldn't eat for me but ate for her dad. I don't know she gets that way sometimes. Wants one parent more than the other one.

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I would say she's fine, she just doesn't want to eat. 

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I have no experience there but I hope everything is fine.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't get caught up on numbers and times. It's nothing but a headache and means absolutely nothing. If she's happy, growing, peeing, then she's fine. She knows when she needs to eat, trust her. Forcing her to eat or just encouraging her to eat when she's not hungry could cause problems.
Good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellokitty94
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Its normal i used to worry that my son wasn't eating enough but when we go to the doctor they say that he is his correct weight and he is perfectly fine some kids just can be difficult eaters
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I'm sure she will eat when she's hungry and stop when she's full.

ahleesha14
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I think I must have postapardum because I am overly worried. I see my dr friday and will talk to her about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN