Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Diarrhea for 3 weeks!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 10 Replies
My son (23 months old) has had diarrhea for about 3 weeks. I'm talking pooping out the diapers, all over his back, taking 1-2 baths a day bc he's covered with poop diarrhea.

His appetite is fine and he is drinking plenty of water. He has had punk eye during this time (no doubt related to his pooping).

I am planning to bring him in to be seen on Monday. Any advice or similar experiences? It was so bad this morning I actually threw his pajamas away (I am NOT one to throw clothing away- ever!!) it was so stinky and after rinsing w a high pressure hose in our slop sink it was still rancid!! Please help!!
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM

maybe he's allergic to something, take him to the doctor

srm8824
by Sam on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yeah, maybe he's allergic to something in his diet? I wouldn't be as concerned had it been a week or so but 3 weeks is a long time to be having diarrhea. I'm glad you're taking him in Monday to get it figured out. Good luck and sorry I have no experience with this personally.

princessputter
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM

3 weeks is a long time... you should not have let it go on this long... .. put him on the brat diet.. and I hope you get it figured out fast..... has he been on antibotics?....

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM
All the above, plus give him some probiotics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I have looked around the Internet a bit and it seems like its "Toddler Diarrhea"- diarrhea brought on by a poor diet. We have been more lax w his diet because of the holidays and I'm sure his grandparents allowed him even more junk food when dh and I weren't paying attention. We will be much more vigilant about his diet. Isaac has always had a more sensitive tummy (can't tolerate much dairy or eggs) so it's no surprise that a little extra sugar could be effecting him so much. (He is still going in on Monday!)
SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM
So sorry :(. I've gone though jt with a couple of mine. I think it was rotavirus or slime thing similar. The big D really liked to hang on.
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I was thinking maybe Rota.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM

probiotics?  Hope he gets better soon.

farmlovin
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:55 PM
We went through this with our son when he was a toddler. It was rotavirus. I ended up taking him in and they confirmed it. We had to keep to a brat diet and mix coconut water with natural colas to keep him hydrated. He had NO other signs other than the diarrhea. The diarrhea took forever to go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

How is he doing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)