Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash? pic

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

My 3 year old got this rash tuesday morning. He was throwing up sunday night. My 7 yr old had a similar rash on saturday, but it only lasted a day. This rash seems to be spreading to his back and face. Do you think it'a viral? Is it worth a call to the doctor?
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srm8824
by Sam on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:29 AM

My assumption would be a viral rash. I would give it a few days and watch his symptoms and rash before I called the doctor but if you're worried then it never hurts to get some peace of mind!

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I just dont like that its spreading :/

Quoting srm8824:

My assumption would be a viral rash. I would give it a few days and watch his symptoms and rash before I called the doctor but if you're worried then it never hurts to get some peace of mind!

srm8824
by Sam on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Understandable. I just assume viral. It could be something else but sometimes viral rashes can seem to spread like that. Every time my little one has had a viral rash it's always spread to his trunk area but not the face. Is it bugging them at all? itchy or anything?

Quoting Precious333: I just dont like that its spreading :/

Quoting srm8824:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:42 AM
No, not really. I have seen him itch it, but he says it doesnt itch and doesnt seemed bothered by it.

Quoting srm8824:

Understandable. I just assume viral. It could be something else but sometimes viral rashes can seem to spread like that. Every time my little one has had a viral rash it's always spread to his trunk area but not the face. Is it bugging them at all? itchy or anything?

Quoting srm8824:

srm8824
by Sam on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Yeah, I would just think it has to do with whatever he's ill with. Maybe just wait and see how it is in a day or so? If it gets worse then call.

Quoting Precious333: No, not really. I have seen him itch it, but he says it doesnt itch and doesnt seemed bothered by it.

Quoting srm8824:

Quoting srm8824:

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Yeah, probably wait until friday morning then. Thanks

Quoting srm8824:

Yeah, I would just think it has to do with whatever he's ill with. Maybe just wait and see how it is in a day or so? If it gets worse then call.

Quoting Precious333: No, not really. I have seen him itch it, but he says it doesnt itch and doesnt seemed bothered by it.

Quoting srm8824:

Quoting srm8824:

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.
Let us know how it goes. I hope everyone is healthy soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:12 PM

My first thought is viral.

farmlovin
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Did he spike a high temp? Could be rosieola (a viral rash that appears after a high fever).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:02 PM
No, i kept checking him by touching my lips to his forehead, it never felt hot enough to use a thermometer

Quoting farmlovin: Did he spike a high temp? Could be rosieola (a viral rash that appears after a high fever).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)