Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleeping

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

At night my baby will not sleep unless she is in her carseat. She does not like her crib. If we lay her in there she cries. She won't sleep very long if she is in there. When she sleeps in her carseat she sleeps 6 or 7 hours. What can I do to get my baby used to her crib? She is 7 weeks old

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sarah725
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I used to have my baby sleep in a carseat all the time.  I don't see any reason why at this point you need to get baby out of the carseat and into a crib.

JoJoBean8
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I would try and break the habit. It makes it hard for babies to breath. 

polkaspots
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Keep trying other things. It really isn't good for babies to be in their seats for such long periods of time. Try swaddling, laying baby on their side, different blankets, inclining the mattress...
We cosleep, so I'm not really sure what would work for you. My kids didn't like their car seats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Baby wear and co sleep are my suggestions. She's so young that she hasn't even figured out she is a separate person from you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Yes, these.

Quoting jellyphish: Baby wear and co sleep are my suggestions. She's so young that she hasn't even figured out she is a separate person from you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)