Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know what you want done...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM
  • 26 Replies

with your body after you die?

Do you want buried, cremated or something else?

I'm pretty sure I want cremated. DH thinks I'm crazy but I don't want to take up room in the ground, where my family will come visit for a short amount of time before they finally stop.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM
I want to be donated. My organs obviously. And maybe to bodyworlds or some science something. I'd just like to not go to waste. It's not my style
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Have you heard about green burials? The casket and everything biodegrades and eventually the plot can be used again. It's a nice idea, but i wonder about bug infestations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess_peach
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I'd like my organs to be donated and then the rest of me cremated. I've heard that my church discourages cremation, but I think it is a lot less disgusting than having my body rot in a box under the ground. Plus burial plots and headstones and caskets are SOOO expensive! Not worth the cost IMO. Although, to be fair, I don't don't know what cremation costs.

Natural-Mama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:53 PM

What kind of a church do you attend?

i think I want cremation. 

Quoting princess_peach:

I'd like my organs to be donated and then the rest of me cremated. I've heard that my church discourages cremation, but I think it is a lot less disgusting than having my body rot in a box under the ground. Plus burial plots and headstones and caskets are SOOO expensive! Not worth the cost IMO. Although, to be fair, I don't don't know what cremation costs.

Natural-Mama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I've never heard of those. I wonder how long it takes for everything to break down. 

Quoting jellyphish: Have you heard about green burials? The casket and everything biodegrades and eventually the plot can be used again. It's a nice idea, but i wonder about bug infestations.

momof3inTN
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM

I'm Jewish so I will be buried. Our customs are very different than most American burials however. We are not embalmed and there's no expensive casket, we use a simple wood box, and burial takes place as soon as possible, there is no wake or viewing.

funhappymom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Oh yeah I want to donate my organs if I am able. Not sure I could do the body donating though to science.

Quoting jellyphish: I want to be donated. My organs obviously. And maybe to bodyworlds or some science something. I'd just like to not go to waste. It's not my style

funhappymom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Yes costs for burial are crazy. Plus if you have services, you'd need them to transport the body, etc. It's crazy expensive.

Cremation is cheaper and you have more flexibility in when to have the services and stuff.

Quoting princess_peach:

funhappymom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Oh yeah. I wonder that, too. I wonder if green burials would even be an option in this area either.

Quoting Natural-Mama:

I've never heard of those. I wonder how long it takes for everything to break down. 

Quoting jellyphish: Have you heard about green burials? The casket and everything biodegrades and eventually the plot can be used again. It's a nice idea, but i wonder about bug infestations.

Jenniy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Donate everything that can be donated then cremate the rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)