Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Birthing room.

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have seen some people lately decorate the rooms they intend to birth in.

Have any of you done this? If you have can I see pictures?

We do not decorate a nursery...but I would so love to prepare a birthing room!

This is our last baby. We have had unassisted births for all of our other children. I have not really been as excited as I would like to be this time around (baby #6) so I am hoping doing something like this will get me excited! I know it sounds bad but this baby was our first surprise (100% unplanned) and I am having a hard time processing this pregnancy. I am 15 weeks.

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I didn't decorate. Maybe look on pinterest for ideas?

Lynette
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Both my homebirths have been in the same room. For the first time it was our classroom(I homeschool). I took white sheets and cover all the school stuff and windows. The walls are a pretty blue. Cheap candles that burned too fast. The second homebirth that room was needed as our bedroom. So I had white curtains. I put up corner shelves so I could put candles everywhere. I bought beeswax candles. With the candles I put my willow tree figurines. Walls still blue. It was very peaceful.
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't but I enjoy seeing pics when people do this :). I'm a visual person so I'm not are why I never have. I always thought it would be awesome to give birth in December/January so that I could put the birth pool in front of the Christmas tree. I know that's not like decorations of placentas and birthy stuff but it would just be so beautiful!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of or thought about it. I'd love to see pics if you do it though!

If I were to do it, I'd probably have a collage of belly pictures in that evolution of man kind of theme. I don't know where I'd go from there. Maybe fish. I love fish. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Khelmoria
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I think I am going to go with a sea theme. the ocean has always been very close to my heart I think I will build it around this picture.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I used my sons nursery to birth in..I wish we had a bigger room.  My advice an empty room! totally sparse lol.  Shelves on the walls for candles...calming pictures, a way to play music, maybe a dimmer switch on the light or low watt bulbs.  A place to store supplies.  Inspiring quotes.  The birth tub.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:19 PM

That's a good picture, maybe one of the ocean waves would help as well.

swedemomma
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

The birthing room at the birth center I've used all 3 times has tons of pictures of babies. It was nice to focus on a picture and imagine my baby going through the birth canal. 

Homeschoolmo701
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I used my sons nursery to birth in..I wish we had a bigger room.  My advice an empty room! totally sparse lol.  Shelves on the walls for candles...calming pictures, a way to play music, maybe a dimmer switch on the light or low watt bulbs.  A place to store supplies.  Inspiring quotes.  The birth tub.

The birthing tub slowed down my labor and I used it to rest between contractions, but gave birth on my hand and knees on the floor.  I did use candles and music.  I also used the birthing ball while my BF held me up when I had a hard contraction.  I used visualizing giving birth on the beach in warm sand.

Khelmoria
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:31 PM

can you use a workout ball or does it need to be a birthing ball? 

Quoting Homeschoolmo701:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

The birthing tub slowed down my labor and I used it to rest between contractions, but gave birth on my hand and knees on the floor.  I did use candles and music.  I also used the birthing ball while my BF held me up when I had a hard contraction.  I used visualizing giving birth on the beach in warm sand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)