Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you eat seafood?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM
  • 29 Replies

Do you eat seafood at all or do you worry about what is in the waters (mercury, toxins, etc)? Do you buy a certain kind of seafood such as wild as opposed to just regular store bought seafood from the deli etc?

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Before I became veg, salmon was the last meat I gave up. The first I gave up was yellow fin tuna, I'd only eat albacore, but that was for ethical reasons. I gave up crab and lobster when I found out how horrible bottom feeders are for us. Then tuna and Predatorial fish when I learned about mercury.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I love sardines and any Mediterranean fish, I ate a lot of fish and I still do, it's the best food out there, just get wild fish and make sure it doesn't come from the pacific, look for orata, sardine, branzino...yummy!!!!

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM
I like sushi and DH buys these prepared frozen fish things. Idk what they are, but he buys them and bakes them. They look like seasoned filets, but I'm not sure what type of fish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I eat some. We do wild salmon about once a month. Not much else.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I didn't know to avoid it if it comes from the pacific! Is there a specific reason?

Quoting amazzonia:

I love sardines and any Mediterranean fish, I ate a lot of fish and I still do, it's the best food out there, just get wild fish and make sure it doesn't come from the pacific, look for orata, sardine, branzino...yummy!!!!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I do mainly wild caught but we don't eat much seafood except shrimp.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Uhhh...Fukshima???
It's still spewing tons of radiation daily. The problem was never corrected, the media just stopped reporting on it.

I don't eat seafood or fresh water fish for that matter. I've never been able to stand the taste or smell.

Quoting jconney80:

I didn't know to avoid it if it comes from the pacific! Is there a specific reason?

Quoting amazzonia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Oh lovely! I didn't think about that but was genuinely curious

Quoting larissalarie: Uhhh...Fukshima???

It's still spewing tons of radiation daily. The problem was never corrected, the media just stopped reporting on it.

I don't eat seafood or fresh water fish for that matter. I've never been able to stand the taste or smell.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting amazzonia:

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Totally, I forget news more often than not also! It moves so fast anymore.

Quoting jconney80: Oh lovely! I didn't think about that but was genuinely curious

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting amazzonia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Fukushima scares the crap out of me. It's still spilling.

Quoting jconney80: Oh lovely! I didn't think about that but was genuinely curious

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting amazzonia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)