Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What size house/apt do you live in?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 42 Replies

Our house is about 2800 sq foot but we are considering downsizing to something smaller on more land.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Small. 2b/2b condo. The goal was to sell it two years later but the market went to crap, I'm now upside down and can't give this place away. I outgrew this place a loooooooooong time ago but am pretty stuck. It's a great first home though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaacsmommy68
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:12 PM

We are in the same boat. My house is 3 bed 1 bath, just over 1000 sq feet. There are 4 of us. Houses on my street are either foreclosed on, or sold for $60,000 because they just want to get out and move to Florida (most have been in the house for 30+ years, so they are still making money). Now I owe about $30,000 more than I could ever sell it. At least I like the neighborhood. :) One bathroom sucks.

Quoting jellyphish: Small. 2b/2b condo. The goal was to sell it two years later but the market went to crap, I'm now upside down and can't give this place away. I outgrew this place a loooooooooong time ago but am pretty stuck. It's a great first home though.

LadyBugMom09
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Small. We have a two bedroom apartment and three kids. We're hoping to buy a house this year.
JadeTigr7
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I'm not sure the exact sq ft.  The army gave us this home, it's around 2000ish sq ft they said.

We have 7 people in the family. 

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I have a 3 bedroom, one bath 1,000 sq. foot house on 6 acres.

We are redoing the house this year to make it a 3 bedroom and 1 3/4 bath house. LOL. (the house is poorly designed)

I grew up in a house about your size and the more and more I think about it, the more I like my small house. We were going to add on but IDK we just decided against it.

The only complaint is there's no storage inside. We have a basement but It's dirt and the attic entrance is to small to actually put anything up there. I do have a 5 car garage with a attic and DH is going to build big closets in there, so I can actually get to stuff. Plus eventually we are putting up a barn as we get more animals. (and hopefully buy the 6 acres next door.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess_peach
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Right now we are in a 2 br 1 ba basement apartment. Not sure on sqare feet. There are 4 of us and a baby on the way. We are hoping to upgrade around November when our lease is up. That all depends on DH's job situation though.

angelchewning
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM

2BR 2BA apt. 1200sq ft. Its pretty though and has a sunroom and a balcony in addition to the normal stuff. and its only me,DH, and DS so its plenty of space.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I think our house is around 2000 sq ft. It is a 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath. We need a bigger house but for now it works.

GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM

2 bedroom 1 bath with two kiddos.  Probably 1200 sq feet.  The size is great, but we'd rather be out of town...

happynewyorker
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:11 AM

My old apartment was about 1200 sq. feet and it housed 3 people. My new apartment is 600 sq. feet and houses my daughter and I. I had to donate a lot of items to goodwill, because I also had a storage unit when I rented my old apartment.  The new apartment is nice the kitchen is the only bad part, it's so small. It's like a large enclosed closet.  I'm hoping my next apartment that I want to buy is a 2 bedroom about 1200 sq. feet and in an area that has a much better schools. So, I can have my own room. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN