Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Recipe for butt rash cream?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:01 AM
  • 5 Replies
I use essential oils for everything and have a huge stash of them. Was wondering if any of you ladies have any success with making your own diaper rash cream with them? Something that is really going to work good.
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Yup! Do you use cloth diapers? And how old is babe? And what kind if rash?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicolett80
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:19 AM
I use disposable diapers, lo is almost a month old and it's a red, splotchy rash on her butt.

Quoting jellyphish: Yup! Do you use cloth diapers? And how old is babe? And what kind if rash?
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
You may want to change her diaper brand unless you know what's causing it.

You need Shea butter, a carrier oil- I recommend jojoba oil. (Coconut oil won't work for this unless it's fractionated.) And lavender eo

Melt the Shea butter in a pot of warm water on the stove on low. If you heat it too high it will be grainy, it has to heat slowly. Remove from heat after melted.

Fill the jar you're going to use about half with carrier oil and a drop or two of lavender oil (no more because babe is so young, later you can add chamomile oil). When the Shea butter is melted but cool to the touch, fill the rest of the jar. Refrigerate overnight then keep at room temp.

Quoting nicolett80: I use disposable diapers, lo is almost a month old and it's a red, splotchy rash on her butt.

Quoting jellyphish: Yup! Do you use cloth diapers? And how old is babe? And what kind if rash?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicolett80
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:25 AM
I'm not sure what is causing it and right now we are using diapers and wipes from Honest Company.

Thank you for the recipe, it's sounds great!

Do you make your own baby wash?

Quoting jellyphish: You may want to change her diaper brand unless you know what's causing it.

You need Shea butter, a carrier oil- I recommend jojoba oil. (Coconut oil won't work for this unless it's fractionated.) And lavender eo

Melt the Shea butter in a pot of warm water on the stove on low. If you heat it too high it will be grainy, it has to heat slowly. Remove from heat after melted.

Fill the jar you're going to use about half with carrier oil and a drop or two of lavender oil (no more because babe is so young, later you can add chamomile oil). When the Shea butter is melted but cool to the touch, fill the rest of the jar. Refrigerate overnight then keep at room temp.

Quoting nicolett80: I use disposable diapers, lo is almost a month old and it's a red, splotchy rash on her butt.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Yup! At this age it's pure water. Sometime I'll add a little sea salt and baking soda. But for quite a while all baby needs is water.

Quoting nicolett80: I'm not sure what is causing it and right now we are using diapers and wipes from Honest Company.

Thank you for the recipe, it's sounds great!

Do you make your own baby wash?

Quoting jellyphish: You may want to change her diaper brand unless you know what's causing it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN