Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

natural birth, what do I bring?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
I am planning a natural birth at a birthing center and need some input on what I should bring. I have a list for my baby bag and mommy bag and it seems really small. What should I absolutely have? What will I need? And what will be convenient for during and after labor? Thanks!
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Food. Clothes. Toothbrush. Music. Camera. Car seat. Birth plans. EOs if you want. Cooler and labeled gallon zip lock bag if you want to keep your placenta. Any paper work you can pre-sign.
Ime, the fewer things the better. And anything you forget or decide you need can be brought to you later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srm8824
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM

^I think she pretty much got it all! I can't think of anything else I brought except baby clothes.

LaLaMonkey
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Thanks! That is a great list. :) I don't want to end up bringing too much especially since we don't stay long like you would in a hospital.

Quoting jellyphish: Food. Clothes. Toothbrush. Music. Camera. Car seat. Birth plans. EOs if you want. Cooler and labeled gallon zip lock bag if you want to keep your placenta. Any paper work you can pre-sign.
Ime, the fewer things the better. And anything you forget or decide you need can be brought to you later.
Pitap
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Chap stick, hair ties, your ipod, drinks and snacks, socks or slippers... sorry, I'm a doula. I bring everything just in case mom doesn't.
LaLaMonkey
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I will have to talk to my doula. I am sure I will forget something. Last time I forgot socks lol

Quoting Pitap: Chap stick, hair ties, your ipod, drinks and snacks, socks or slippers... sorry, I'm a doula. I bring everything just in case mom doesn't.
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:40 PM

welcome to the group momma! When are you due?

Do you know what the birth center provides? I would love a birth ball some places have them some dont...

LaLaMonkey
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:02 PM
I am so glad I found this group! We are meeting at the birthing center weds so I will have to ask them what they provide. I am due July 21st and am already making a bunch of lists of things I need to make sure I am prepared.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

welcome to the group momma! When are you due?

Do you know what the birth center provides? I would love a birth ball some places have them some dont...

supertoast
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Does your mommy bag come with pads? You will definitely need those. Um everything else said sounds like a good idea. I brought music but wasn't in the mood. Also brought pudding and only ate like 2 spoonfuls. Bring things that will comfort you or calm you down.

Pitap
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to add a handheld fan!

Quoting LaLaMonkey: Thanks! I will have to talk to my doula. I am sure I will forget something. Last time I forgot socks lol

Quoting Pitap: Chap stick, hair ties, your ipod, drinks and snacks, socks or slippers... sorry, I'm a doula. I bring everything just in case mom doesn't.
angela84
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I had my natural birth at the hospital but I brought my own towels because I heard that hospitals were notorious for having small and scratchy towels. It may seem silly but it made a huge difference for my comfort level. Especially after baby shreds your nipples lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)