Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

early miscarriage *random and ot*

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:59 AM
  • 18 Replies
I believe I had a miscarriage today. I was crampy and spotted a little (I never have spotting!) and all of a sudden this afternoon this little clot came out of me that looked kind of like a bunch of little bubbles half red, half clear that was maybe an inch in diameter (sorry if that's too much). The only thing is that the farthest along I could have been would be a week! This happened about 5 months too and I could have only been about 2 or 3 weeks then (and I had already started having pregnancy symptoms). I just don't understand why my body is rejecting these pregnancies and its pretty emotional even though they're unplanned and soooo early on. I don't get it and I needed to tell someone, my dh just seemed anxious and then relieved as I was telling him, I don't think he wants another kid even though he's been saying he would ...
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:34 AM
I'm sorry. :(
Did you know you were pregnant? Did you keep the tissue to bring to your dr/mw for confirmation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buffalove23
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I'm so very sorry:(

Have you ever had your progesterone levels checked? Low levels can cause repeat miscarriages.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

hmmm when was your last period? WHen did yuo have sex?

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 20, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I'm sorry, that's very sad.  I agree you should get your progesterone level checked.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:17 AM
I'm so sorry.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM
By you could have only been a week along do you mean it was a week since your last period? There's no way baby would be an inch in diameter at that point, even if you ovulated wicked early. I remember reading that baby was the size of a poppy seed at 5 weeks, and a poppy seed isn't even half a centimeter in diameter...regardless, I'm sorry this is happening to you. It must be so awful!
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:57 PM
How are you doing/feeling? Do you think you will go see the doctor for this or not because your notrreally trying at this point.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I'm sorry this is happening. I would take the tissue in to have it confirmed. :(

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:09 PM

This is kinda why I was asking

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: By you could have only been a week along do you mean it was a week since your last period? There's no way baby would be an inch in diameter at that point, even if you ovulated wicked early. I remember reading that baby was the size of a poppy seed at 5 weeks, and a poppy seed isn't even half a centimeter in diameter...regardless, I'm sorry this is happening to you. It must be so awful!

monkeybunns
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Yes for sure get progesterone and other hormones checked. I couldn't sustain pregnancy without progesterone except ds1 who was a total miracle. I bled quite a bit with him and he hung on-wasn't so lucky once before him and twice after him and I was afraid I'd lose dd because I started bleeding the day I found out I was expecting her but she held on and all the begging and pleading finally worked and I got progesterone a few days later
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)