Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Cloth Diapers

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Ladies, I am wondering what made you choose to use cloth diapers? what are your favorites? why do you like them? I am just trying to make a decision as to if I want to use cloth diapers or disposable.

Please give me all your feedback.

Thank you in advance! :)

Brittany 21, Married and living every day to the fullest!

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Pros: cuter, cheaper, no chemicals, environmental, easier, minimal (if any) blow outs.
Cons:...

There are many MANY kinds of CDs, I recommend researching the different styles before brands. There are all in ones, all in twos, prefolds & covers, pockets, hybrids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:09 AM
I wanted cloth next to baby's skin instead of chemicals. I wanted to be a better steward of the earth. Those are the main reasons.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Quoting Wannabemom92:

Hello Ladies, I am wondering what made you choose to use cloth diapers?cost and my 4th child was allergic to sposieswhat are your favorites? pockets and all in ones..kawaii, gogreen champswhy do you like them? not pricey, wrk well, easy t useI am just trying to make a decision as to if I want to use cloth diapers or disposable.

Please give me all your feedback.

Thank you in advance! :)

We switched with our 4th child and now use them with our 5th.  Washing can be a pain but really its better than running out of sposies when broke! Cloth has saved us alot of money

and they are SO cute

907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Pros: Better for baby, save money, better for the earth, little to no blowouts

Cons: information overload-cloth is as easy or hard as you make it! Too many cute choices!
Cuties with cloth booties group has a great FAQ sticky.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:16 AM
We've saved a lot of money since we've been using cloth. I'm now diapering my third child in cloth. We use flats and prefolds with fleece and PUL covers and alvababy pocket diapers.
The biggest benefit for us is we don't have to buy them regularly. It's not a weekly purchase. Yes I do more laundry, but not $50 a month worth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM

We went with cd because I was sick of rashes I also wanted to save money. 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:08 PM

The downside is there are so many choices and trying to figure out the wash routine that works best. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)