Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Are you content with your life?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM
  • 17 Replies

I would love to say that I was but there always seems to be something that I want.

I am working on trying to be content with what I have and not to want more.

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harleysmom213
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I'm content with my life, but that doesn't mean there aren't things that i don't want. my family is healthy, we aren't barely scraping by, we can get all that we need and occasionally we can get cool stuff or do something fun. why are you so discontented?

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:53 PM
I am content. I have found the one thing that satisfies that constant want for more -- God.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Hahahahaha! Nope!
But I'm working on it. A lot. I'll get there, and I am glad that I can appreciate the bumpy ride. I'd rather journey through extremes than live a boring stroll.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:39 PM

I could be more content if we could be a bit more financially stable. BUT I have a great marriage..no perfect but great, 5 great kids..again not perfect but great.  i have a nice house in a decent neighborhood.  I teach at 1 school over the 2-4 in past years.  We have been in worse situations in the past few years..things are looking up.  I am content with most of my life....

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I find that I am most of the time.

Aleewink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I'm with you OP.  I want to be content, but right now I am just not.  I feel as though I am conceeding on everything in order to maintain peace and achieve happiness and it isn't working.  I have found God (or God found me, really - many years ago).  I'm still struggling daily.  I know that I would be in a worse place without God. 

I keep telling myself this is just a season, pray a lot and try to hang on!

funhappymom
by Representative on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM

IDK why I am so discontent.

I guess part of it is, I'd love to move into a different house with some land and we're just not able to do so right now. There isn't much in our area that is available with land in our price range. I used to feel content with our home but I want a larger garden, more room for the kids to run and a smaller house. I want to rely more on the land than on others.

Quoting Harleysmom213:

I'm content with my life, but that doesn't mean there aren't things that i don't want. my family is healthy, we aren't barely scraping by, we can get all that we need and occasionally we can get cool stuff or do something fun. why are you so discontented?

funhappymom
by Representative on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM

He sure is working on my discontent for sure. Our sermon last week was on contentment, which is probably one of the reasons it's on my mind so much.

Quoting SlapItHigh: I am content. I have found the one thing that satisfies that constant want for more -- God.

funhappymom
by Representative on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I agree with you, too. God is really hitting me right now with my discontent. I'm striving to be content with what I have. I do have a great husband, 3 great kids, a home that keeps us safe and secure, a van that gets us where we need to be and so much else, yet I'm not content with it all.

Quoting Aleewink:

I'm with you OP.  I want to be content, but right now I am just not.  I feel as though I am conceeding on everything in order to maintain peace and achieve happiness and it isn't working.  I have found God (or God found me, really - many years ago).  I'm still struggling daily.  I know that I would be in a worse place without God. 

Aleewink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM

My life verse: James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance, and perseverance must finish its work in you so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything.

I feel like I have been in this trial for a long time.  I've made plenty of mistakes and I just don't know how to make it right.  I feel paralyzed and my self esteem is just shot.  The hardest part about the position that I am in is that I know it has to get worse before it gets better. I'm terrified of confrontation.  I really say this verse all the time.  I say it in the car, sometimes I have to run in the kitchen or bathroom...  A few years back a friend of mine was in a tough time with me (and my LONG trial) and I just kept saying that God must have big plans for us - he's really making us tough and beautiful (gold MUST go through the fire to shine)!

:)  I meant my sharing to be a positive thing, hope it wasn't too negative! LOL

Quoting funhappymom:

I agree with you, too. God is really hitting me right now with my discontent. I'm striving to be content with what I have. I do have a great husband, 3 great kids, a home that keeps us safe and secure, a van that gets us where we need to be and so much else, yet I'm not content with it all.

Quoting Aleewink:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN