Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

any thoughts? possibly long and possible tmi **UPDATE**

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM
  • 25 Replies

So after i had my third child my husband and i decided i should get the Implanon birth control. i got that mid april 2013. i never got a cycle while on it. in november i started getting really gross dark brown goopy discharge for 7 days every 30 days (kinda like a cycle was trying to come back but the blood wasnt red it was just gross) with it i got horrid cramps. so dh and i decided to get it out. in november i could still feel it, by the end of december it was harder to find but could still feel it. i got it removed january 15th and the night before it was removed i almost couldnt find it. well to make a long story short i almost had to have surgery to get it out because it had gone deeper into my arm. it took 2 drs and over 40 mins to get out. since then i have had nausea and horrible cramps. we have had sex 3 times since removal. all unprotected. i recently read that if the inplant is too deeo (which mine was) it is less effective and can even stop being effective. i am wondering if you ladies have any ideas for the horrid cramps and nausea. do you think lack of hormones or my body trying to return to "normal" or pregnant?
(if symptoms dont leave my next wed i will be calling dr because 2 weeks would be enough time for my body to get rid of hormones and "normal" out i think.)

So i took a test this morning and it was negative. it was weird though. the area where you see a neg. or pos. turned compleatly blue and then when the line came up it was very faint (a faint negative?) so idk whats going on. i would love to know why im always cramping, always nausous, and exhausted. ill wait a couple more days and if i still feel like this ill call dr.

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM

oh also been peeing non stop it seems

srm8824
by Sam on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I would take a test for peace of mind. If you still don't get your period then talk to your doctor about it and see if they can do a blood test or figure out whats going on. Good luck

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM
One thing is idk when im supposed to get my first cycle. Im still bf my son he isnt big on eatting food so he mostly nurses.

Quoting srm8824:

I would take a test for peace of mind. If you still don't get your period then talk to your doctor about it and see if they can do a blood test or figure out whats going on. Good luck

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I'd poas too. Your body is balancing and that can always cause neasea and cramping. Ice packs and rrl should help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:58 PM

poas? rrl?

Quoting jellyphish: I'd poas too. Your body is balancing and that can always cause neasea and cramping. Ice packs and rrl should help.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Sorry, pee on a stick (pregnancy test). Red raspberry leaf, tea, capsule or tincture is good for balancing the female system (and it's fantastic throughout pregnancy)

Quoting rmgriffberg:

poas? rrl?

Quoting jellyphish: I'd poas too. Your body is balancing and that can always cause neasea and cramping. Ice packs and rrl should help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Not a big tea person. Where can I find the capsules?

Quoting jellyphish: Sorry, pee on a stick (pregnancy test). Red raspberry leaf, tea, capsule or tincture is good for balancing the female system (and it's fantastic throughout pregnancy)

Quoting rmgriffberg:

poas? rrl?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Check local herbal shops.

Quoting rmgriffberg: Not a big tea person. Where can I find the capsules?

Quoting jellyphish: Sorry, pee on a stick (pregnancy test). Red raspberry leaf, tea, capsule or tincture is good for balancing the female system (and it's fantastic throughout pregnancy)

Quoting rmgriffberg:

poas? rrl?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I didn't like the Implanon, I was bleeding with it in almost every day so got it out within 3 months.  But for you I would take a test for peace of mind.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM

What are you going to use now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN