Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any thoughts? possibly long and possible tmi **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

So after i had my third child my husband and i decided i should get the Implanon birth control. i got that mid april 2013. i never got a cycle while on it. in november i started getting really gross dark brown goopy discharge for 7 days every 30 days (kinda like a cycle was trying to come back but the blood wasnt red it was just gross) with it i got horrid cramps. so dh and i decided to get it out. in november i could still feel it, by the end of december it was harder to find but could still feel it. i got it removed january 15th and the night before it was removed i almost couldnt find it. well to make a long story short i almost had to have surgery to get it out because it had gone deeper into my arm. it took 2 drs and over 40 mins to get out. since then i have had nausea and horrible cramps. we have had sex 3 times since removal. all unprotected. i recently read that if the inplant is too deeo (which mine was) it is less effective and can even stop being effective. i am wondering if you ladies have any ideas for the horrid cramps and nausea. do you think lack of hormones or my body trying to return to "normal" or pregnant?
(if symptoms dont leave my next wed i will be calling dr because 2 weeks would be enough time for my body to get rid of hormones and "normal" out i think.)

So i took a test this morning and it was negative. it was weird though. the area where you see a neg. or pos. turned compleatly blue and then when the line came up it was very faint (a faint negative?) so idk whats going on. i would love to know why im always cramping, always nausous, and exhausted. ill wait a couple more days and if i still feel like this ill call dr.

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Replies (21-25):
tairakittie
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Retest with a dollar store pink dye test.
rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:25 PM

is there a difference between the pink dye and the blue dye?

Quoting tairakittie: Retest with a dollar store pink dye test.

tairakittie
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Blue dye are known to be faulty and give false positives. Im not sure about the light negative, but you could retest with a pink dye test anywau, they are known to be a bit more accurate.

Quoting rmgriffberg:

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Well I just learned something new :)
We usually buy the pink ones but these were cheaper so we thought we would try them

Quoting tairakittie: Blue dye are known to be faulty and give false positives. Im not sure about the light negative, but you could retest with a pink dye test anywau, they are known to be a bit more accurate.

Quoting rmgriffberg:

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Dollar Store has the pink dye tests for $1. I'd go get some of those and try again. I'm sorry you're having a bad experience with it. I think just about every form of birth control sucks. My hubby got clipped but we are done. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)