Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
LO is almost 7 months old and has two teeth, should I be brushing them? If so with what?
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Replies (11-17):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Yes as soon as they come out
mnmbaby
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM

My question is: How do you get them to sit still? My DD fights me to the point of hurting herself if I'd let her, so I just give her the brush and let her chew on it, and hope it does a good enough job.

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:56 PM
My dd used to do that too.. I had to brush at the same time with her to show her what to do.

Quoting mnmbaby:

My question is: How do you get them to sit still? My DD fights me to the point of hurting herself if I'd let her, so I just give her the brush and let her chew on it, and hope it does a good enough job.

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM
We start out brushing gums then teeth with just water. When we add solids, we use BS or fluoride free Toms.
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I come from a family with bad teeth, so I "swaddle" if I have to. Positive reinforcement for older ones.

Quoting mnmbaby:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I would just use a washcloth and water.

mnmbaby
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:57 PM
That sounds like a good idea. She is getting to the age where she mimics me, so hopefully she'll mimic that, too.

Quoting monalisasus: My dd used to do that too.. I had to brush at the same time with her to show her what to do.

Quoting mnmbaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN