Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Naps enough said

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have two sons. My first son is 25 months old and my second is 3 1/2 months. Let's just say naps were an issue even before I had my second son and now their a nightmare.. At bedtime my baby sleeps in a crib and he just goes to sleep without help but he can't do that in the day and my toddler cosleeps with my husband and I..
.. I feel like I've exhausted my options on nap solutions. I've tried rocking them to sleep together but my baby hates it so it doesn't work. I've tried getting baby to sleep first so that I can lay down with my toddler till he falls asleep but my toddler screams at me over and over I want a hug, I want to go night night basically till I pay all attention to him. I've tried putting my baby in swing so I can get my son to sleep first but my baby will scream and cry and cough it's unbearable.
Today they were both screaming so much I was gonna lose it. I had to put my toddler in our bed and close the door so I could get baby to sleep. It was so sad and I felt like a terrible mom, my toddler screamed mommy.. I want a hug.. I wanna go night night for 30 minutes till finally probably from screaming he fell asleep.
Maybe there is
No way to make naps less exhausting for me but I wish there was a way.. Any advice? Does anyone else have nap issues?
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
micheledo
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Can you lay down with both of them?  I will lay in the middle with the toddler on one side and the baby on the other.

Mommyaunatural
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM
I wish I could. My baby won't sleep at nap time unless he is rocked for like 20 min. Not just little rocks standing.. I have to rock pretty fast in our recliner chair.. And if I set him down it has to be after an hour of sleep or he'll wake up

Quoting micheledo:

Can you lay down with both of them?  I will lay in the middle with the toddler on one side and the baby on the other.

micheledo
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Can you do a feeding time at the toddlers nap time?  Nurse and lay next to the toddler.  Even manage to keep an arm around him??

With my first two, I used to feed the baby and rock him next to the toddler bed.  I just kept telling my toddler his turn was next.  It took a while, but eventually it was super easy.  He just laid in bed waiting for 'his turn.'  That might just be all that will work - time and lots of routine.

Mommyaunatural
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Thanks .. How old are your kids? Does it get easier lol. I don't see the light at the end of tunnel yet. It's like having two babies right now

Quoting micheledo:

Can you do a feeding time at the toddlers nap time?  Nurse and lay next to the toddler.  Even manage to keep an arm around him??

With my first two, I used to feed the baby and rock him next to the toddler bed.  I just kept telling my toddler his turn was next.  It took a while, but eventually it was super easy.  He just laid in bed waiting for 'his turn.'  That might just be all that will work - time and lots of routine.

micheledo
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Mine are 8, 6 1/2, 5, 4, 2, and 6 months.

I DOES get easier.  Honestly, it is easier now with 6 kids and an 8 and 6 year old then it was with just 4 when they were under 4 years old.

Quoting Mommyaunatural: Thanks .. How old are your kids? Does it get easier lol. I don't see the light at the end of tunnel yet. It's like having two babies right now

Quoting micheledo:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Does your older son still need a nap?  My daughter was done naping around 2 1/2 yrs old and at 2 she was a bear to try and get down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN