Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

vbacs

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hi all, I had an amazing natural birth after a traumatic c section, however this was done in England where I am from. I moved here last year and now desperately seeking advise on the likelihood of vbac number 2. My doctor already refused to help me and I feel like everyone is pushing for another section. Any success stories out there?? :)

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
circle_of_life
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My suggestion. Find a midwife. I've had two vbacs at home that went wonderfully. If you aren't into homebirth, you may be able to find a midwife or vbac friendly doctor that will deliver in a birthing center or hospital.

caligirl7613
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
i never had a c section but i would try asking the nurses in the labor and delivery unit of your local hospital (if thats where you plan to deliver) who the most natural drs are if a midwife isnt an option for you. in my state they dont license them at all and the state in general is very very pro intervention. anyway thats how i found my dr and he is wonderful. everything i have refused he has been great about, flu shots, GD testing, i plan on going without CFM, an IV, pitocin etc during delivery and he is totally on board. and tjhat how i found him, i asked the labor and delivery nurses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

ICAN should be able to help you find VBAC friendly doctors in your area. MANY places set strict rules, like NC doesnt allow homebirths with midwives for VBACs

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:13 AM
What state?
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a wonderful vbac.  You can get good info from ICAN.

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I had a VBAC 12 months ago.  

You'll not find many OBs who are eager to "allow" a VBAC.  Are you willing to have an out-of-hospital birth with a midwife?  These gals are not bound by the same policies as OBs, so they are more accepting of a body's ability to birth naturally...

Still, I had to drive 400 miles to a "friendly" hospital that would give me the induction I needed and the TOLAC I wanted.  I'd risked out of midwife care due to high blood pressure, and the hospitals in my state would give me a repeat c-section but not an induction... I finally found it at the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City.

Have you yet joined VBAC Moms here on CafeMom?  Or perhaps one of the many VBAC groups on FaceBook, including ICAN or VBAC Facts?

If you have questions, I'm happy to answer...

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:23 PM
I just had a vbac in December
I had to drive an hour away for it, the obs close to me said no, without even knowing my history
LtleRayOsnshine
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Get a new Dr! Your Dr works for you dont let any one talk you into anything you don't want to do. I'm in California and a girl from my Bradley class just had a drug free vbac and everything went great
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I would look into a home birth and finding a home birth midwife! It just depends on what state you're in. There are other options out there!

kajira
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:05 AM

MAn I feel for you, Im pregnant with twins and fighting for a vaginal birth, even though I've never even HAD a c-section, they just want to auto-csection me.

I'm fighting for it and i've already been told, by both midwives and the dr's in my area i'm moving that if I have a c-section, they won't do vbacs. ^.^

Ugh. Know your rights, if you go into the hospital in labor and refuse a c-section and are in active labor, they can't force you to consent to surgery, they'll have to deliver you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)