Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Daughter constantly sick

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM
  • 29 Replies

My daughter started school this year and since then she has been getting sick constantly, she will be sick for days and days and be better for a day or two and then be sick again for weeks. It's mostly runny nose, sometimes a caugh for a few days, never a fever. The only time she's been 100% better is over breaks.

I don't know what to do for her, we don't have the best diet but it's not horrible and she gets tons of fruits and veggies, takes a multivitamin, etc. she never got sick like this before starting school. My older daughter is in second grade and doesn't get sick very often at all.

she has a doctors appointment coming up, but I don't feel like I will get much help from them. :-/ 

any advice?

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KJ_on
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Is she vaccinated
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Have you tried giving her probiotics?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 5:19 PM

That happened to mine once she strted being around kids.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I've been putting thieves oil on the bottom of my first grader's feet to keep her healthy. Even when kids in her class are sick, she doesn't get sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:07 PM
My daughter went through this for over a year before I realized that it could be allergies that were causing her to be constantly sick. Turns out my daughter is very allergic to cats among other things. she is only almost 4 and we rehomed our cats 6 months ago so we are still figuring out what she reacts to. Being so young a skin test doesn't usually register what allergies a child has.

Just something to consider- lmk if you want any more advice on measures we take to help keep her allergies at bay:)
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Can you cut sugar out of her diet?
.BeHappy.
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I was looking at them, there are so many, any brand suggestions?

Quoting hapababies: Have you tried giving her probiotics?

.BeHappy.
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Interesting, I just saw a friend on Facebook talking about that. 

Quoting jellyphish: I've been putting thieves oil on the bottom of my first grader's feet to keep her healthy. Even when kids in her class are sick, she doesn't get sick.

.BeHappy.
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I could and I want to, it's hard to get other family members on board though. I think we need to talk about it again though. thanks 

Quoting SlapItHigh: Can you cut sugar out of her diet?

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Show them the studies that sugars lowers the immune system and point out that she is struggling with ongoing illness.

Quoting .BeHappy.:

I could and I want to, it's hard to get other family members on board though. I think we need to talk about it again though. thanks 

Quoting SlapItHigh: Can you cut sugar out of her diet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)