Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

how to go about this.

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
This is our 3rd pregnancy and will be our second homebirth. Last time we had a full house. This time I just want it my husband and I plus the midwife and her aid. My husband feels more comfortable having someone else here just in case I end up with an unassisted birth. I'm okay with that. So we've asked a close friend. I didn't think it through. My mom and my sister except to be there again. I can I tell them gracefully that they won't be invited until after?
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Just let them know you want less people this time and are just having the necessary ones there.  Maybe they can be the first ones that get the call when baby is born?

Just curious how your friend will get there if you end up unassisted?  Unless she lives next door.  :)  Or do you mean a planned unassisted?  My last one came super fast.  An hour at most.  I almost was completely alone, but I finally managed to wake my husband who called our midwife.  She arrived as I caught our daughter myself.  :D

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
She'll drive. When I say unassisted I mean no midwife. Last time our midwife arrived and 30 minutes later I had the baby. If the midwife doesn't get here in time my husband doesn't want to be alone.

Quoting micheledo:

Just let them know you want less people this time and are just having the necessary ones there.  Maybe they can be the first ones that get the call when baby is born?

Just curious how your friend will get there if you end up unassisted?  Unless she lives next door.  :)  Or do you mean a planned unassisted?  My last one came super fast.  An hour at most.  I almost was completely alone, but I finally managed to wake my husband who called our midwife.  She arrived as I caught our daughter myself.  :D

Khelmoria
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I think it is best just to be honest. I birth unassisted and like having my baby solo. people ask to be part of it and I just tell them it is a very personal experience for me.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I would just be straight forward. Hugs!
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I agree, I think that's best.

Quoting SlapItHigh: I would just be straight forward. Hugs!

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM

I would just be assertive and let them know that it's nothing personal but that is what you prefer this time around :)

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Let us know how things go after you talk with them.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:52 PM
It seems to have gone over pretty well. I had to reassure my sister that it was nothing against her.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I told my mom I didnt want her there because I wanted it to be me and hubby, that my step sister didnt even have a vested interest in the birth s her being in the house for my older kiddos as a just in case was no big deal.  

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM

makes sense that he would want supprt

Quoting somuchlove4U: She'll drive. When I say unassisted I mean no midwife. Last time our midwife arrived and 30 minutes later I had the baby. If the midwife doesn't get here in time my husband doesn't want to be alone.

Quoting micheledo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)