Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie planning a VBA3C considering homebirth

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi everyone. I'm looking for support. I have been active in my facebook ICAN group for my county,  but I'm hoping to find some advice / friends here too. I am planning a VBA3C and I'm really not thrilled about the idea of being at the hospital because I know that they will impose their own agenda on me regardless of what I say that I want. I really want to stay mobile and active during my labor and I want to be able to have a birthing tub too. I want a loving, calm, environment without intrusion and you all here know that means that homebirth is a better option. However, because I've had 3 prior cesareans I've got a little fear going on about the possibility of rupture and whether I could kill my baby because I want this VBAC to happen. I know the risk involved statistically inside and out and I've researched neonatal and maternal mortality with repeat cesareans as well as for VBAC and surprisingly those rates are in favor of at least a TOL regardless of whether it ends in cesarean or VBAC. Anyhow, I guess what I want is to know if anyone else here has had a VBA3C or a HBAC or HBA3C and how you did it and what your thoughts are for me. THANKS girls.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Good luck! Congratulations!

No advice tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:22 AM

There are no hospitals in the area that will even let me do a VBA2C so I'm surprised you even have the option to be in a hospital doing a VBA3C!!  What does ICAN say about possible rupture, I really don't know statistics?  I'm sure you will do great anywhere you birth!

Sarah725
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

And Congratulations!!  When are you due?

JadeTigr7
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I have not, but there's a lady in my local area homebirth group who just had a HBA4C.

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:01 PM

HUGS momma, I would be scared either way for different reasons and I think the hospital and their agenda would freak me out BUT the risks invlved would too.  You have a tough decision to make!

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

It's safer to have a VBAC after 3 csections than have another csection. So, I'd go for it! I don't have any experience with this. I think you can do it though. I did a lot of research because I planned a home birth for a vbac after 2. 

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM

And welcome to the group!! 

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Not me but I have known other people to do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)