Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REALLY need ADVICE 6th baby First natural birth?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

I visited a Birthing Center today and thought it was awesome it was a little over 7,300 for the whole thing. And they recommenda birth center because I am having my 6th baby, so post partium bleeding is more likely. How much more likely is that? I had bleeding after my first but not any more. My labor's last at least past 10 hours, my 5th baby going past 23hrs. I don't get that, whole they get easier and faster thing,so far anyway. And I have Strep B. And they said my at home midwife can NOT give me meds for that or baby. I am just not sure what is the best way to go 2,500 or 7,300 . Like my mom said today having a baby is not  a look I got a coupon type deal lol,. But if I am going to get the same things than why not I guess. can you tell me what you think of the Strep B , and post bleeding situation and if it really matters if I have a home birth or birthing  center ?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nicoal4
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:20 PM

BUMP!

JadeTigr7
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:28 PM

You can't know if you'll have a strep b colonization until you're in labor, and they don't test for that.  You can be tested at 36 weeks, be positive and not have it in labor, or test negative at 36 weeks and be positive in labor.

I was positive with my first, but never test positive with any of the other five.

I had four vaginal birth with no more than normal bleeding, and my fifth was born at home (2nd homebirth) and I started hemorrhaging, and my midwife handled it wonderfully and I never needed transport. 

nicoal4
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM

How did she handle the bleeding? And The strep B isn't a issue , why do they make such a serious issue of it?

Quoting JadeTigr7:

You can't know if you'll have a strep b colonization until you're in labor, and they don't test for that.  You can be tested at 36 weeks, be positive and not have it in labor, or test negative at 36 weeks and be positive in labor.

I was positive with my first, but never test positive with any of the other five.

I had four vaginal birth with no more than normal bleeding, and my fifth was born at home (2nd homebirth) and I started hemorrhaging, and my midwife handled it wonderfully and I never needed transport. 

caligirl7613
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:38 PM
as far s group b.....money...

Quoting nicoal4:

How did she handle the bleeding? And The strep B isn't a issue , why do they make such a serious issue of it?

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Strep b *can* be dangerous if a newborn catches it.  The problem is that the testing is unreliable.

My midwife gave me methigrine.  She also had pitocin on hand to give me.  I had a time limit of 15 min for the methigrine to work before trying the pitocin and transferring me.  The methigrine worked within 10 minutes and she watched me for another 4 hours and checked my hemoglobin before she left for the night.  

She came immediately the next morning and gave me a supplement that would raise my hemoglobin and to check on me. 

Quoting nicoal4:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

Sarah725
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I don't have any answers for you but congrats on baby #6!

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Quoting nicoal4:

I visited a Birthing Center today and thought it was awesome it was a little over 7,300 for the whole thing. And they recommenda birth center because I am having my 6th baby, so post partium bleeding is more likely.

I had my 5th 6 months ago and there was no more bleeding than with my 1st

How much more likely is that? I had bleeding after my first but not any more. My labor's last at least past 10 hours, my 5th baby going past 23hrs. I don't get that, whole they get easier and faster thing,so far anyway. And I have Strep B. And they said my at home midwife can NOT give me meds for that or baby

how far along are you? you cant trust any testing til closer to 37-38 weeks, I had it with my older 4 but did NOT with my 5th.  My midwife said if it had been positive theres a soap called hibicleanse that is proven JUST as safe as IV antibiotics.  Baby should not NEED meds if you get treatment

I am just not sure what is the best way to go 2,500 or 7,300 . Like my mom said today having a baby is not  a look I got a coupon type deal lol,. But if I am going to get the same things than why not I guess.

I dont understand the almost 5000 difference at all, it makes no sense to me

can you tell me what you think of the Strep B , and post bleeding situation and if it really matters if I have a home birth or birthing  center ?

I liked my home birth becuase I could curl up in my own bed afterwards and not have to move for days!  Birth center you almost immediately go home.

Have you asked a midwife about Group B

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:58 PM

btw my 5th was my first natural home birth, I had 4 hospital medicated births

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Is it a free standing birth center? Or is it a hospital birth center?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)