Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Spring Garden?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:50 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
Is anyone else gearing up for their spring garden? I'm getting seedlings started now. I'm so excited!
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 3:48 AM
Nope! I wish I had the time and space for a garden. Actually, I was supposed to plant tomatoes this winter but life got in the way. I wonder if it's too late now this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Feb. 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM

No we are still covered with snow. I can't grow seedlings in my house. The only places with lots of sun are were are radiators and the heat kills them. 

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM
You can use grow lights. That's what I have to do.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

No we are still covered with snow. I can't grow seedlings in my house. The only places with lots of sun are were are radiators and the heat kills them. 

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Totally understand about life getting in the way!

Quoting jellyphish: Nope! I wish I had the time and space for a garden. Actually, I was supposed to plant tomatoes this winter but life got in the way. I wonder if it's too late now this year.
farmlovin
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Yes! We got our fruit trees in the ground yesterday and are starting seeds next weekend. :) I'm so excited!!

sandie111
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I will be shopping for large Begonia bulbs ext week!! I always get my hanging baskets, fill them with soil and three begonias each on the 1st of March. They will be huge and amazing in 6 weeks or so.

Nice to see your post! I never do seeds inside, what are your tricks??

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Awesome! What kind of fruit trees?

Quoting farmlovin:

Yes! We got our fruit trees in the ground yesterday and are starting seeds next weekend. :) I'm so excited!!

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Sounds beautiful!!

I'm not very good at starting seeds indoors but I use grow lights and this year I got a heating mat and hoping that will help.

Quoting sandie111:

I will be shopping for large Begonia bulbs ext week!! I always get my hanging baskets, fill them with soil and three begonias each on the 1st of March. They will be huge and amazing in 6 weeks or so.

Nice to see your post! I never do seeds inside, what are your tricks??

BaltimoreBaby
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Yes - but I'm torn on if we should even start. We're looking to move soon. I use the outdoor / water jug seedling system.

So I could bring the jugs with me but we wouldn't move until June at the SOONEST! So..

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM
It's hard to decide. I delayed for a long time when we were wanting to move. Can you tell me more about the jug system you do? Do you cover them or move them inside at night?

Quoting BaltimoreBaby: Yes - but I'm torn on if we should even start. We're looking to move soon. I use the outdoor / water jug seedling system.

So I could bring the jugs with me but we wouldn't move until June at the SOONEST! So..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN