Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

HELP!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:15 PM
  • 13 Replies
My baby is 2 1/2 months and he will not let me put him down. He sleeps well @ night but ALL day long my poor bug is not happy unless he is in my arms. He is baby # 6 you would figure I would know what to do but my other babies never did this. I've read letting them cry is good & I've read attend to them immediately. What are your suggestions? What have you done in this kind of situation? My arms feel like spaghetti noodles & I can not get a thing done & I am exhausted :( I don't mind holding him but I don't want to get to the point where I loose control from being tired & am I doing the right thing?
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hapababies
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a sling or any other kind of baby carrier?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Baby wearing!
ParanormalSarah
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Most babies are like this so you've been lucky! I swear by the sling, then everyone is happy
munky.wench
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry mama, you're gonna have to strap that love bug to you. My son is 14 months old and I was never able to break him of it, he is just finally out growing it as he is becoming more independent.

Aleewink
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

So, compared to your other baby, this one may be a little more on the high needs side. It's okay - it will get better.  

In the meantime, do you have a sling or baby carrier?  Babywearing is the only way that I was able to really get anything done.  DD is my first baby, but I had a TON of experience with babies.  I was SHOCKED that she just wouldn't ever let me put her down.  I don't believe in CIO.  I truly feel that some babies just need more human contact and denying that would teach them that I cannot meet that need to comfort and change her forever.  I have talked to soooo many moms about this now.  Like you, I was just reaching that overwhelmed stage with not being able to get things done and it was nuts!  So many moms have told me that their high needs baby was the one that is their best toddler/kid.  I find a lot of reassurance in that.

For me, I wear her and do what I can.  She only just started taking a nap that was longer than 10 minutes when she was 7 months.  Some days I felt like I was going to have a meltdown, and on those days I just FORCED myself to sit down and nurse.  That was just going to be a day that I didn't get as much (or anything) done.  The days that I was able to get stuff done just made me feel like supermom.  lol.

Hugs! 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Yup. Baby wear. Right around now is when babe realizes he's a separate person from you, and that may make him uncomfortable. Forcing him into that discomfort by leaving him and making him CIO is harmful physically and emotionally. Teaching him you are there when he needs you, on the other hand, is great for his brain development and instills confidence and independence.
You can read more at askdrsears.com

It's a tough time for you, yes, but much more difficult for the babe who doesn't know what's happening. It'll pass.
Gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
farmlovin
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM

babywear!! I love ring slings when they are tiny. I'm about to get a gauze wrap though since this will be my first baby I'll have to plant and weed a garden while baby's young :) 

Logansmmy
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this
Thank you all so much!! So baby wear it is lol I will definitely be purchasing one today. :)
kajira
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My suggestion is make sure if you dislike the moby rangs, or mei-tai's or slings, that you look into an infantino Ergo - it's back pack style - but can be worn front OR back as he ages and is adjustable and pretty stupid-proof, (meaning, your husband or a teenager could help you out with out having to try and teach them how to do fancy ties.)

I found the infantino one's at target are usually under 40 bucks, and mine lasted me 2+ years with 18+ hours of use per day for at least a year straight. LOL

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Hope you find a good carrier to give your arms a rest.  Congrats on #6!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)