Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

My Introduction!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2008 at 10:11 PM
  • 1 Replies
I have been considering joining this group for quite some time...so tonight I decided it was about time!

My name is Stephanie and I live in Florida with my husband, Doug, and our son Austin.  My son was born without the aid of an epidural and it was a very rewarding experience.  I gave birth in a hospital, and I have to say that some of the nurses were very supportive of my decision...while others were not.  I actually had one nurse ask me every single time she came into the room if I was sure that I didn't want an epidural.  She even left the form I would have to sign right in front of me.  Talk about looking temptation right in the face!

Needless to say my sons birth was very painful, I had no idea what was going on, and felt really helpless.  This time around I am doing the research to insure that I get the experience that I want.  I am giving birth in a hospital...only because I didn't realize my particular insurance covered birthing centers.  Oh well!

Anyway, I am very excited to be giving birth again...but really nervous and scared as well.  I can't wait to hold my little girl in my arms! 

by on Jan. 3, 2008 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
doulala
by on Jan. 3, 2008 at 10:17 PM
Congratulations on your natural birth and your new pregnancy! That's great that you were able to stay on track with that nurse badgering you!! I think that if you are well-informed and write a birth plan that says "Do NOT offer me pain medication." The nurses should be more respectful. And a doula would help with that, definitely! No need to be scared-- information & support give you confidence. Trust in the body to give birth. You did it once, next time will be a snap. ;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN