Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Tooth Abcsess

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:20 AM
  • 30 Replies

My hubby has awful teeth, heck so do I, but his are almost all broken down to the gum and he lost 7 back teeth to an abcsess 5 years ago and almost lost his life.  I had no idea they could move to your brain did you? Anyways he got another abcsess and we have no dental or even medical insurance for him. Stupid state refused to expan medicaid and ACA says $678 a month for him for health insurance with no supplements to help us!!  My friend said to get Olive leaf oil to help with the infection. OMG it worked..I had no idea but I am so keeping that around the house.  The lady at the store gave hubby clove oil too to help with pain and that worked great too though I knew it would.  Hubby is not used to all the natural stuff but getting better at it and boy he is a believer now.  He said so what do your natural friends think about blah blah blah about 6 times yesterday.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Yikes! I had no idea an abcess could be so scary! I'm so glad he found something to help so well. I hope he's taking better care if his teeth and gums now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM

He needs all his remaining tooth remnant removed and dentures is what he needs honestly

Quoting jellyphish: Yikes! I had no idea an abcess could be so scary! I'm so glad he found something to help so well. I hope he's taking better care if his teeth and gums now!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I'm glad that worked so he's not in any pain.  

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

He needs all his remaining tooth remnant removed and dentures is what he needs honestly

Quoting jellyphish: Yikes! I had no idea an abcess could be so scary! I'm so glad he found something to help so well. I hope he's taking better care if his teeth and gums now!

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM
I'm happy to know it works. I know brewers yeast can help gum swelling and bring in good bacteria. I use it over night on my gums when they start to recede.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:39 AM

I'm so glad it worked! If you inhale any of the bacterial particles into your lungs when you're breathing and you have infected teeth it can kill you too. It's so crazy. I saw that on TV and I never knew that! 

Precious333
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Mason had an absess tooth too that got infected :( he is on antibiotics right now and we have to figure out how we are going to get it pulled. I am scared to sedate him :(
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

YEP his was majorly infected, he didnt need antibiotics this time..now to find a clinic that will pull it for cheap is the big deal

Quoting Precious333: Mason had an absess tooth too that got infected :( he is on antibiotics right now and we have to figure out how we are going to get it pulled. I am scared to sedate him :(

SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM
That's so scary. I'm glad you guys found something that worked!!!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Last time it moved into his sinuses and then started to blind him in one eye, it was moving to his brain so this was terrifying for me

Quoting SlapItHigh: That's so scary. I'm glad you guys found something that worked!!!

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Cool! I didn't know this!

Quoting monalisasus: I'm happy to know it works. I know brewers yeast can help gum swelling and bring in good bacteria. I use it over night on my gums when they start to recede.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)