Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Moms of 3+

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM
  • 49 Replies
Hi moms.

I just was wondering how you feel having 3 or more kiddos.

Was it easier juggling three vs getting used to juggling two?

Was the age difference between your second and third? Do you like it and why?

What makes it hard? How does your oldest feel?
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I only have 2 children but here's a bump =)

issoaisavi5
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I think no matter what number you are adding to your family, there is an adjustment.  It is hard to get used to a new family dynamic and especially an unpredicatable newborn! But, with anything you adjust and settle in.  I have 5.  A year between the first 3, two years between the 3rd and 4th, and almost 3 yrs between the 4th and 5th.

OrganicMomma247
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Was it easier when they are closer together?

Quoting issoaisavi5:

I think no matter what number you are adding to your family, there is an adjustment.  It is hard to get used to a new family dynamic and especially an unpredicatable newborn! But, with anything you adjust and settle in.  I have 5.  A year between the first 3, two years between the 3rd and 4th, and almost 3 yrs between the 4th and 5th.

farmlovin
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll have 3 soon. There are 19 months between my first and second. There will be 26 (just over 2 years) months between my second and third. My second is very high needs. I'm also much more laid back than I was between one and two...so we'll see how it goes. I imagine more kids just add to the current chaos ;)

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:56 AM
I've felt gong from 1 to 2 was hardest. There is always an adjustment, but it's not as much of one as you add on. :)

In my opinion, those closer in age seem to be closer to each other as playmates.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Stopped at two here. But I gotta say, women with three plus kids have my deep respect, I know I couldn't do it! I mean, you get one kid in each arm, what do you do when the third one comes at you too?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrganicMomma247
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Group hug? Lol

Quoting jellyphish: Stopped at two here. But I gotta say, women with three plus kids have my deep respect, I know I couldn't do it! I mean, you get one kid in each arm, what do you do when the third one comes at you too?!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

3+ was much easier..the change from 1-2 was hard hard hard, but my 3rd child was so easy going as a baby it made things easy to adjust and 4 and 5 was just no big deal to add lol.  My kids like to buddy up and the older kiddo likes to entertain the babies when in the car, or when they get older they will fill sippy cups or grab toys for them.

My kids are 11.5, almost 10, almost 7, almost 4 and 7 months...theres 21 months between the first 2, then 3 years between the others basically.  I like the 3 year space because by 3 most kids are wanting to be big kids, they want to be potty trained and on cups not bottles and want to do things themselves so less regression.

What makes it hard? high needs babies can make it hard, not having a supprotive hubby who is very hands on would make it hard..mines very hands on and a SAHD,

My oldest LOVES having so many siblings, in fact they all do.  They keep asking if we will have another.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM

for me further apart was easier

Quoting OrganicMomma247: Was it easier when they are closer together?
Quoting issoaisavi5:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Usually by the 3rd the older one is running and playing lol

Quoting jellyphish: Stopped at two here. But I gotta say, women with three plus kids have my deep respect, I know I couldn't do it! I mean, you get one kid in each arm, what do you do when the third one comes at you too?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN