Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Healthy Eating

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
  • 19 Replies
I've been eating a lot healthier this last month. Basically tons of whole foods (grinding wheat for our bread) using dried beans, eating rice (unfortunately not brown though), lots of oats, veggies, quinoa, almost no meat, almost no milk, etc...

I went for an afternoon snack of a blueberry oat smoothie with kefir water and grains added in.

Over the last couple weeks I've lost 2 lbs. Not what I was intending to do, but it's healthy pregnancy loss, as my tummy is getting bigger faster.

I have to say that it's kind of hard at times. Some days I get almost uncontrollable cravings for chocolate. We just don't have any in the house. That makes it easier if I don't have access to it. LOL!

Anyone else making a change for the better?
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We are always trying to make our diet as healthy as possible. Right now I am trying especially hard because I want to lose weight before ttc. 

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM
My latest change was giving up bfast cereals for healthier breakfasts. That was difficult but I'm so proud of myself. Now if only I could get my daughter off them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah we took the plunge as a family to do GAPS diet. I've found that I don't crave sugar when I haven't had it! Good for you! I lost over 20 lbs my last pregnancy because I was exercising and eating healthy. There is nothing wrong with that at all. It's healthy and it's normal. 

amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:21 PM

dark chocolate is good for you, and you should follow your cravings, that means you are lacking of an ingredient present in a certain food, don't follow trends, just follow your instincts and cravings

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:22 PM
I eat the whole food way as well, but a bit of dark chocolate is a must in my house. ;)
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Totally not following any trend. Just avoiding certain foods right now to kick the addiction. :)

I need Cal/Mag to keep in my fridge. That's a lot of what I'm lacking right now.

Quoting amazzonia:

dark chocolate is good for you, and you should follow your cravings, that means you are lacking of an ingredient present in a certain food, don't follow trends, just follow your instincts and cravings

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM
That's great!
MomstheBom24
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep a bar of dark chocolate around for insane cravings, it won't hurt you. It's actually beneficial to have a little now and then. 

kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Had crockpot potatoes for breakfast (salt, pepper, and cayenne seasonings) with half a slice of wheat bread. Drinking my water (after a cup of coffee).

Now I need to go make some RRL tea. I try to make enough to last 3 days to ensure I drink it. I'm going to go eat a spoonful of molasses in a bit to help up my iron. It's getting a bit low.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I got so much better while pregnant and now I am back to crap again...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN