Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

unhappy baby

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:42 AM
  • 15 Replies

My husband and I got into an arugment last night because when he comes home the baby crys mainly at night around 4 when he gets home. Well she was happy when he got home. He got a haircut and I don't know if it scared her or if she didn't want to b held but she cried when she picked him up. He went outside to  do some things and she fell asleep. Well she came in and wanted to be on the computer and she was in his spot because his keyboard is on the floor. We use the tv for the computer. Well I told him to just move his keyboard and not to wake he rso he moved her. Well guess what she couldn't be calmed down she was screaming and crying. She finally went back to sleep. He said she shouldn't cry this much and something is wrong with her. She is a little fussy during the day but not bad but around 4 she gets super fussy. Doesn't like her swing or bouncy seat. Likes to lie on the floor in front of the tv. She likes her bath and when she eats but 4 to when she goes to bed she is fussy. Unless eating, sleeping, taking a bath, or if I hold her or bounce her around. She is very clingy to me. She always wants mommy and my husband gets frustrated by it. I told him he can't get frustrated when he holds he rbecaus eshe can tell. Then he got mad. Is this normal for her to be this fussy? She has been like this since birth. Dr said asomething about colic but husband thinks she should be growuing out of it. She isn't a real happy baby. Anyone have any thoughts?

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
She sounds normal. It sounds like he has very realistic expectations. Do you guys have other friends with young children?
ahleesha14
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM

his brother has two young ones. He said all babies cry but josh still thinks something is wrong. His sister also has 2 young ones. He said that he has bnever seen a baby scream and cry like this. I think its normal. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Sounds like fussy evenings and not the momma syndrome..as in hubby is not the momma so eh wont make her happy.  You are right baby can tell when the person caring for them is anxious and it makes them anxious.

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Sounds pretty normal to me.  My babies were always fussier at night and clingy to me because I'm the one that took care of them all day long.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Normal. Definitely not colic, I don't know why that came up.
No, it's normal for a baby to fuss when someone wakes her up.
And it's normal for a baby to want mommy more than daddy (or daddy more than mommy). But to be the one baby doesn't want is incredibly heart breaking and frustrating, please have a little empathy for your husband, it's very difficult when baby cries because she doesn't want you. He can do some massage or sing a special song or have some kind of ritual that's special for the two of them, that may help with their bonding. And he shouldn't be surprised if she gets upset when he wakes her up at 4am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahleesha14
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I don't know why colic came up but that is what the dr said. He said that we need to go to a dr that will actually look into why she is fussy. Lots of times she is tired but won't fall asleep. She wants to be awake. I think also she is getting hungrier so I need to give her a bit more because she doesn't seem content. It could be a growth spurt. I know I should have empathy for him. I know how it feels when the baby doesn't want you. It hurts but he is frustrated because he doesn't know whats wrong. I just got mad because he said there is something wrong when there isn't. I am thiking about taking her to a chroparactor. She does want me more because I am with her all day and I was like this too. I wanted y mom all the time. Its weird when other peoople hold her they can calm her down. 

ahleesha14
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Its hard not knowing why she is in pain and i don't know what to do. I am going to try to give her a half an ounce mor ein her bottle.

isaacsmommy68
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Wear the baby. She can sleep and you can get some things done. Have daddy wear her too if he is willing. The more aggravated he gets, the more she will scream. Of course a baby wants their mama!

ahleesha14
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:57 PM

yea i do have a sling that I can wear her in. I might try and do that. She has just been really fussy today too but sh eis tired. So I don't know what the deal is. I ant her to be happy and not fussy all the time. Its frustrating but trying not to be. Maybe she senses it and that is why she is fusssy.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Sounds normal. DD would cry everyday around dinner time. It was her cranky time of day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN