Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Oil pulled this morning--first time

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

I usually forget about wanting to try oil pulling until late in the day but today while in the shower, I thought about it and though hmm, I should do it as soon as I get out (I really want to do it while in the shower).

So I grabbed the CO and put some in and swished. I didn't do it for longer than a few minutes because I didn't have a lot of time but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I'd prefer melted CO instead of solid to start with. The solid turning into liquid bothered me, lol.

I'm going to try to do this every couple of days.

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Cool! I really need to remember to do this too. I always forget!

SweetPeaMS
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Oil pulling is definately different.  The first time that I did it, I used EVOO and added in some essential oils to cut the "oily" taste which helped alot.  I think that I grossed of the hubby more than anything.  Now I do it on a regular basis using CO of course and follow up with our homemade mouthwash before I brush and am left with literal "squeeky" clean teeth. 

McM0609
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Yea i tried it and the texture of it after 20 min made me gag.
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM

How do you make your mouthwash? I hate the taste of the crap you can buy over the counter. I can tolerate some of the more natural ones but not that stuff with artificial yuck in it, lol.

Quoting SweetPeaMS:

Oil pulling is definately different.  The first time that I did it, I used EVOO and added in some essential oils to cut the "oily" taste which helped alot.  I think that I grossed of the hubby more than anything.  Now I do it on a regular basis using CO of course and follow up with our homemade mouthwash before I brush and am left with literal "squeeky" clean teeth. 

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Me, too. Maybe I should put my CO next to the shower with my shampoo and soap, lol. That would help me remember it.

Quoting jconney80:

Cool! I really need to remember to do this too. I always forget!

SweetPeaMS
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM

OTC mouthwash is absolutely horrible for anyone!  Who wants to ingest alcohol or petrolium?  Not us thats for sure. 

I use 2 cups of purified water, a 1/2 cup of peroxide 2 drops of YL Peppermint oil and 3 drops of Thieves oil mixed in a large mason jar.  Before every use I shake it throughly and then "drink" it in directly from the jar just like I would if I was using a commercial bottled mouthwash.  Swish around for 30 seconds to a minute and spit. 

Quoting funhappymom:

How do you make your mouthwash? I hate the taste of the crap you can buy over the counter. I can tolerate some of the more natural ones but not that stuff with artificial yuck in it, lol.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweet. I really want to do it daily for a month but it's hard to go more than a few minutes, I think I made it ten minutes once. Bah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I looked into doing it but I kept reading about people losing fillings and decided not to do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)