Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hi,advice please

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:06 PM
  • 20 Replies
My last baby was a drug free vbac but I was not in controll of my body, I'm planning another drug free birth but I would like a better experience if that possable. So if anyone can give me advice I will be very thankful. Thank you in advance..
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Hi welcome to the group! How did you not feel in control of your previous drug free vbac? Maybe that will let me know how to help you better.

cutiepie8611
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I was squirming all over and yelling for help and I would like a calmer experience if that's possable.

Quoting jconney80:

Hi welcome to the group! How did you not feel in control of your previous drug free vbac? Maybe that will let me know how to help you better.

ciao_kitty
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Hypnobirthing? 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Welcome to the group! 

micheledo
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Sounds like you were uncomfortable.  Were you laying down??  

Consider getting a doula.  

I had four hospital births (1 with pitocin, 2 pitocin & epidural, 1 natural) and two at home.  If I had to birth in the hospital I would refuse to even get on the bed.  Once I lay down, no matter how uncomfortable, I am usually too tired to move.  Yet I'm miserable.  With my two born at home I was squatting by the side of the bed for most of the labor.

Also - wait as long as you possibly can to go to the hospital.  You can labor the way YOU want when no one else is around.

Quoting cutiepie8611: I was squirming all over and yelling for help and I would like a calmer experience if that's possable.
Quoting jconney80:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Where did you give birth?  Who was with you?  Maybe these things need to be changed so that you can feel in control and comfortable.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Prenatal yoga and meditation.
Essential oils.
Massage.
Labor tub.
Coach/doula.

Congratulations and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutiepie8611
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Yes I was on my back and I waited as long as posable to go in I was 8cm when I walked in the door. Does squatting help will the hospital let me give birth that way?

Quoting micheledo:

Sounds like you were uncomfortable.  Were you laying down??  

Consider getting a doula.  

I had four hospital births (1 with pitocin, 2 pitocin & epidural, 1 natural) and two at home.  If I had to birth in the hospital I would refuse to even get on the bed.  Once I lay down, no matter how uncomfortable, I am usually too tired to move.  Yet I'm miserable.  With my two born at home I was squatting by the side of the bed for most of the labor.

Also - wait as long as you possibly can to go to the hospital.  You can labor the way YOU want when no one else is around.

Quoting cutiepie8611: I was squirming all over and yelling for help and I would like a calmer experience if that's possable.

Quoting jconney80:

cutiepie8611
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I can only do hospital birth no birthing center will take me :( just my husband was with me.

Quoting Sarah725:

Where did you give birth?  Who was with you?  Maybe these things need to be changed so that you can feel in control and comfortable.

MrsBx
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Partial epidural worked well for me. Natural child birth is not what I think is best for the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN