Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

insurance required blood test for lead

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 12 Replies
I hate dds pedis. they pricked her finger and said it's for a lead test took two slides if blood then wanted to fill these dots on paper with her blood. .. she wasn't bleeding bad e enough to fill the dots so the nurse said I have to pick her again I said no I'm not ok with that. ...grrrr..anyway is that a required thing! ? we are in pa and she has gateway as her insurance right now
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:22 AM
They took a vial for my dds lead test since we live in an old house.
spitfire06
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:37 AM
my house has all new drywall new paint and plastic plumbing that we put in lol and new Sub floors
etc

Quoting monalisasus: They took a vial for my dds lead test since we live in an old house.
kbutton24
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, they did the same for dd. It was perfect timing though, we had just found out our house had lead paint. Thankfully there were no issues.
spitfire06
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok thank you I'm glad there were no issues

Quoting kbutton24: Yes, they did the same for dd. It was perfect timing though, we had just found out our house had lead paint. Thankfully there were no issues.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM
We had it done since our house is old. They used a toe not a finger.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM

For some insurance yes its required basically to cover their bases and make sure to catch it before it causes lifelong issues.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM

The house we rented with our oldest had lead paint and we had to have him tested once we realized that was what we signed when we moved in..I was still pregnant then.

spitfire06
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Oh goodness! lead is scary.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

The house we rented with our oldest had lead paint and we had to have him tested once we realized that was what we signed when we moved in..I was still pregnant then.

AmyG1976
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM
its not going to hurt her lead is dangerous. warm her hand first next time hold her finger first make sure they prick downward.. I have done finger sticks on patients for blood sugar some ppl are harder than others there are little tricks to it.
spitfire06
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:33 AM
thanks yeah the nurse was holding her hand up above her heart the whole time ugh I don't bleed for finger sucks I'm sure she won't either. ..I will also make sure her hands are warm they want to do it at her twelve month appt

Quoting AmyG1976: its not going to hurt her lead is dangerous. warm her hand first next time hold her finger first make sure they prick downward.. I have done finger sticks on patients for blood sugar some ppl are harder than others there are little tricks to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN