Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Guess what I got today

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 19 Replies
Arthur's cloth diapers came in. His Dr has called me twice asking if the rash went away when I switched from disposal to xloth. He got a little mad when I told him they hadn't came in yet.
But now they're here and I'm so happy. His Dr also told me to do cloth wipes...but we'll take it one step at a time lol
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Here's Arthur playing with them
Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

He thought they were a toy lol
hapababies
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Cute :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Cloth wipes are way easier than disposable when you're doing cloth diapers. Everything gets thrown in the dirty pail together, instead of having to sort the poopy messes out. And wipes have harsh chemicals that could contribute to his rash.
melindabelcher
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM
I agree.
I was reluctant on the cloth wipe thing. But after having to constantly seperate and throw away the wipes then deal with the diaper I just bought a pack of washcloths from walmart and it was 100% easier!

Quoting ceckyl: Cloth wipes are way easier than disposable when you're doing cloth diapers. Everything gets thrown in the dirty pail together, instead of having to sort the poopy messes out. And wipes have harsh chemicals that could contribute to his rash.
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM

If you do cloth wipes, you can make your own very easily. If you have any flannel blankets that he's outgrown, take the patterns you favor the least and cut them into squares. If you have a sewing machine just a straight stitch along the edge will keep them from fraying.  Or you can just buy cheap ugly baby washclothes. 

What brand diaper did you get?

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Yay! It wasn't yeast right?
I use regular cheapie washcloths for wipes. They're great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:48 PM
So cute!! I hope it helps. It sure saves tons of money and how awesome that your Dr is all about cloth
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Yay!!! :D I looooove new fluff!

I'm with Becky. I use 4 for $1 baby wash cloths. I like to have 2 per diaper, but even through my toddler and now my infant, I've never had to use 2 cloth wipes.
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Awesome!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN