Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

NIP food for thought

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  • 20 Replies
If the argument against NIP is that breasts are sexual and should not be exposed in public due to this association, why is the same argument not used to fight spanking in public?
Just a rhetorical thought for the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM
What does nip stand for again?
lenashark
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have an issue with public breastfeeding and I don't spank my kids, but I see a clear difference. Spanking has no sexual connotation. Yes, some find it sexually stimulating to be spanked, but that is because they get aroused from being disciplined like a child, not from it being a sexual act itself. 

Proud2BWeird
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM
I disagree. Breastfeeding has no more sexual connotation than spanking.

Yes, breastfeeding is a mouth in contact with a breast, but spanking is a hand in contact with a bottom, so...

Quoting lenashark:

I don't have an issue with public breastfeeding and I don't spank my kids, but I see a clear difference. Spanking has no sexual connotation. Yes, some find it sexually stimulating to be spanked, but that is because they get aroused from being disciplined like a child, not from it being a sexual act itself. 

lenashark
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be one thing if they pulled the childs pants down, but otherwise, you do not see the childs bottom, you do see the breast, that is the difference. Breasts themselves have way more of a sexual connotation that spanking. It is the display of the breasts that people get angry about, not what the baby is doing with them.

Quoting Proud2BWeird: I disagree. Breastfeeding has no more sexual connotation than spanking. Yes, breastfeeding is a mouth in contact with a breast, but spanking is a hand in contact with a bottom, so...
Quoting lenashark:

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess it depends on what an individual likes. In the bedroom I, personally, enjoy spanking- clothed or otherwise- more than breast play. And it has absolutely nothing to do with a secret desire to be disciplined like a child.

Either way, both breasts and spanking can be used in the bedroom for sexual gratification.
Quoting lenashark:

It would be one thing if they pulled the childs pants down, but otherwise, you do not see the childs bottom, you do see the breast, that is the difference. Breasts themselves have way more of a sexual connotation that spanking. It is the display of the breasts that people get angry about, not what the baby is doing with them.

Quoting Proud2BWeird: I disagree. Breastfeeding has no more sexual connotation than spanking.

Yes, breastfeeding is a mouth in contact with a breast, but spanking is a hand in contact with a bottom, so...

Quoting lenashark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Nursing in public

Quoting somuchlove4U: What does nip stand for again?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud2BWeird
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Again I disagree.

Thge vast majority of the time, the breast is NOT visible unless a person happens to look while the child is latching on.

Most breastfeeding mothers are just as loath to show their bodies as most other women. We don't have the desire to give strangers a view of the bodies we see as lumpy, stretched-out, and otherwise imperfect.

On top of that, plenty of people are, indeed, offended about what the baby is doing (seeing it as sexual rather than nutritional) with the breast. They are the ones with the problem, and we can't avoid feeding our children because of a perverted person's problem.

Quoting lenashark:

Quoting Proud2BWeird: I disagree. Breastfeeding has no more sexual connotation than spanking.

Quoting lenashark:

mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I asked teh same question rhetoricly about open toed shoes since feet are a comon fetish with men.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Great comparison!

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

I asked teh same question rhetoricly about open toed shoes since feet are a comon fetish with men.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Your lastd paragraph here is my point exactly.
Quoting Proud2BWeird: Again I disagree.

Thge vast majority of the time, the breast is NOT visible unless a person happens to look while the child is latching on.

Most breastfeeding mothers are just as loath to show their bodies as most other women. We don't have the desire to give strangers a view of the bodies we see as lumpy, stretched-out, and otherwise imperfect.

On top of that, plenty of people are, indeed, offended about what the baby is doing (seeing it as sexual rather than nutritional) with the breast. They are the ones with the problem, and we can't avoid feeding our children because of a perverted person's problem.
Quoting lenashark:

Quoting lenashark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN