Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

labor food

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
What types of foods did you eat while in labor?
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:23 PM
My labor was too short to eat anything, but I had on hand hummus and crackers, granola bars, fruits and veggies, rrl tea, and coconut water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM
I'm not very hungry in labor so usually eat nothing. Last time my labor was super long and I are Chinese food a few hours before he was born, lol. Not recommended.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I'm not hungry during labor either, but last time my midwife had me eat and drink. I wasn't planning on eating so I didn't have snack foods stocked up.

Quoting SlapItHigh: I'm not very hungry in labor so usually eat nothing. Last time my labor was super long and I are Chinese food a few hours before he was born, lol. Not recommended.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I heard a smoothie is a great thing to have on hand during labor.

rachelrothchild
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I made mediterranean quinoa salad in early labor with my first. I ate bites in between contractions.  Otherwise, just honey or emergen-C.  It was rough back labor.  My second we just had supper when I was in early labor, and I don't remember what we had.  That one was short and intense.  I think I just had water and coconut water and probably emergen-C or some electrolyte drink.

illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
I didn't have labor food but I ate afterwards. I don't remember what.
mamak3211
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Early labor I had a BBQ beef sandwich which sounded good at the time but it was a long time before I could eat another again. Once things got going bi just had a variety of drinks and ice pops. Honey sticks are great for labor and you don't feel like eating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)