Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pubis symphysis disorder

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:52 AM
  • 11 Replies
Anyone have any info a about pubis symphysis disorder? During a perfectly natural beautiful child birth ( other than the Dr who wouldn't let me deliver in the squatting position I had spent months planning and preparing for and the nurse pushing my legs back into my shoulders though I told her to stop) I heard a snap, so much was happening I completely forgot about it until a week later when my mother told me I shouldn't still be in so much pain. Went back to the hospital and they told me my pubic bone separated and it just happens sometimes and will heal on it's own. Well eight months later guess what, it's not healing. I'm able to walk and as long as I take the stairs at an angle I'm ok but sleeping on my side hurts, rolling over in bed can take my breath away and I have to be very careful getting up from a sitting position. Anyone know anyone who has had this or have any advice? I really want to be active and run and possibly have more kids but right now I feel like that will never happen.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:06 AM

YES it happened with my oldest, I got pregnant when he was a year old and so it wasnt fully healed, that was an awful pregnancy pain wise.  It was about 6 months after my 2nd birth it finally felt normal.

Sarah725
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Wow that's horrible I'm so sorry!  Did someone ever talk to that nurse?!!

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM
In so sorry :(.
larissalarie
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM
I haven't heard of that, I'm sorry it sounds awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:49 AM

You should for sure see a doctor to make sure theres nothing extra that needs to be done.  I know the chiropractor helped things in my back even out and that in turn helped my hips and pelvis

BeFit-Mom
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Two thoughts...

First, demand to see a PT who specializes in PSD, as this should have healed months ago.You need phsycial therapy.

Second, start wearing a PSD support belt, they can be found online, or you might even be able to get this prescribed. This will stop any movement at the joint, so that you can heal.

BeFit-Mom

tabi_cat1023
by Tabi - Admin on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I had a PSD support belt and it was gerat

Quoting BeFit-Mom:

Two thoughts...

First, demand to see a PT who specializes in PSD, as this should have healed months ago.You need phsycial therapy.

Second, start wearing a PSD support belt, they can be found online, or you might even be able to get this prescribed. This will stop any movement at the joint, so that you can heal.

BeFit-Mom

raenydaes
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:35 PM

There are treatments for this.  If your doctor is still just brushing this off, try seeing someone else.

LtleRayOsnshine
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I did see my chiropractor about it and he suggested exrays and has me squeezing a pillow or a fist between my legs while laying on my back. The last time I saw him it was getting better but I feel like it separated again. I haven't seen a Dr since 6 weeks post partum. My husband has a new job and our insurance starts in May so I will see Dr then. Does any one know where I can get a PSD support belt? Right now I'm just wearing shapewear that helps but it's really hot.
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I have no experience with this but it does sound like you need to see the DR when you can. Hopefully it will heal soon. That sounds so painful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)