Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Anatomy Ultrasound

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:01 AM
  • 18 Replies
I don't think I posted here but we're having a boy! We have a girl who will be 2.5 when baby boy comes.

Question: does anybody have articles or info about what all they look for in the anatomy scan? I opted to have it since I am having an out-of-hospital birth and wanted to check for things that might require immediate care.

Everything they saw looked totally normal but due to position they couldn't get lips or heart output so I have to choose if I want a follow up u/s. I really don't want another but I wanted to do some reading about what the heart output would tell us before making a final decision.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Oh and here are the two best pics just for fun!
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Congrats on the boy!!  When I had my ultrasound they had a list of things they couldn't see, I know one of them was part of the heart.  I think that's pretty common that they can't see something but I don't have any info on the hearts output.  I just went for another ultrasound and then they saw what they wanted.  I'm sure your baby boy is healthy, congrats again!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay for boys - congrats!
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Oh and sorry I am no help on the ultrasound.
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:16 PM
No worries. I will chat with my midwives about it at our 22 week appt, I just like go in prepared. Lol.

Quoting SlapItHigh: Oh and sorry I am no help on the ultrasound.
MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM
It's funny because with my first the only thing we couldn't see was her sex. This little guy showed that to us proudly yet hid his lips from us. Haha.

Quoting Sarah725:

Congrats on the boy!!  When I had my ultrasound they had a list of things they couldn't see, I know one of them was part of the heart.  I think that's pretty common that they can't see something but I don't have any info on the hearts output.  I just went for another ultrasound and then they saw what they wanted.  I'm sure your baby boy is healthy, congrats again!

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Me too :).

Quoting MissSarah04: No worries. I will chat with my midwives about it at our 22 week appt, I just like go in prepared. Lol.

Quoting SlapItHigh: Oh and sorry I am no help on the ultrasound.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN