Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

OMG! Really!?! I Can't really believe it! **Vent-advice post!**

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 16 Replies

So I know that title of this group but since this is a fairly nice group of ladies i'm going to post this here and get opinions, thoughts, ect...

So I know i've minchened this in another post already within the past few days but i'm going to dircetly minchen it here...

So i've had this "cold" that's been bothering me for at least two weeks now. Well at least i'm pretty sure it's a cold since baby landon has a cold, or at least that's what his doctor said. and when I went to the doctor last week after this already bothering me for nearly a week... he didn't really say what he thougth i had, in fact all he said was that he thought it was something upper respertory, and just gave me some cough meds, which the cough wasn't even my biggest issue at the time... but i've been taking the meds like prescribed since i went to see him last tuesday... and I don't feel like i've gotten any better at all...

I dont' know how long i should wait til i try and go back or if i should even go back or what...

so my question is today what would you do? Am I over reacting should I wait a lil longer before calling him back? how long does a cold normally last anyway?

Any advice would be greatly appricated ladies... thank you again for giving me time... and i hope your days are far better than mine...

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Colds usually last a week but can go up to 2 weeks.
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Could you be pregnant? I always have colds and sinus infections when i am pregnant.
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I never rely on meds to heal anything because that's not their purpose, suppressing symptoms (thus prolonging the healing process) is what they are designed to do. Are you doing anything to treat it aside from meds? What are your symptoms?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Colds can last over 2 weeks as can coughs. Cough medicine isn't meant to cure a cold or a cough. It's just supposed to supress your cough. 

monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Try lots of garlic . It kills my colds fast
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Quoting jellyphish: I never rely on meds to heal anything because that's not their purpose, suppressing symptoms (thus prolonging the healing process) is what they are designed to do. Are you doing anything to treat it aside from meds? What are your symptoms?

no, i'm not. I mean i don't know what to do to treat it...

i have a stuffy runny nose, head ache, had kind of a sore thoart and a cough, but the sore thoart and caugh went away just dealing with the stuffy runny nose and head ache...

idk maybe i'm just a lost cause... lol...

thanks for the reply thu

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Stuffy nose is probably causing the headache. Neti pot, breast milk nose drops as available, diffusing peppermint oil and/or making a massage blend with it for your feet and chest. Elderberries. Mangoes. In the shower a hot rinse followed by a cool rinse, repeat as you'd like. For me spicy foods is a cure-all, especially with sinus or throat issues.

Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cerainwondrland
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry I just have to tell u it's mentioned...sorry but I feel like that's something u need to know lol :)
monalisasus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember u saying the peppermint oil thing for the feet before... I tried it on my daughter last week ago and it worked awesome and she loved the smell ;). I tried it yesterday on myself cuz our weather here is creating a runny/stuffy nose for me and I couldn't believe I could feel it going up my body :) I think by tomorrow I will be able to smell my newborn boy.

Quoting jellyphish: Stuffy nose is probably causing the headache. Neti pot, breast milk nose drops as available, diffusing peppermint oil and/or making a massage blend with it for your feet and chest. Elderberries. Mangoes. In the shower a hot rinse followed by a cool rinse, repeat as you'd like. For me spicy foods is a cure-all, especially with sinus or throat issues.

Feel better!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:52 PM
That's awesome!

Quoting monalisasus: I remember u saying the peppermint oil thing for the feet before... I tried it on my daughter last week ago and it worked awesome and she loved the smell ;). I tried it yesterday on myself cuz our weather here is creating a runny/stuffy nose for me and I couldn't believe I could feel it going up my body :) I think by tomorrow I will be able to smell my newborn boy.

Quoting jellyphish: Stuffy nose is probably causing the headache. Neti pot, breast milk nose drops as available, diffusing peppermint oil and/or making a massage blend with it for your feet and chest. Elderberries. Mangoes. In the shower a hot rinse followed by a cool rinse, repeat as you'd like. For me spicy foods is a cure-all, especially with sinus or throat issues.

Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN