Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

dr bronners?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  • 18 Replies

i have recently made the switch to all natural cleaning products. and i am now working on changing what we use for daily hygiene. 

shampoo

conditioner

deodorant

toothpaste 

mouth wash

lotions

anyone use dr bronners or tom of maine? opinions or thoughts?

also can anyone think of anything else that contain chemicals in our daily life that i haven't thought of?

we live fairly simple and dont use a lot of beauty products. the above listed are the main things we use on a daily basis. 

also for essential oils what are your favorites and what do you use them for?

thanks in advance ladies!

by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:40 PM
I use Dr Bronners for my kids for shampoo and body wash. Dr Bronners is great.

Toms of Maine has sulfates in it so I don't buy their products
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I usually avoid Toms of Maine because it has sulfates in it.
For toothpaste I use Dr. Collins.
Dr. Bronner's great, I've never tried their shampoo though.
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Dr. Bronners rocks! You can use it for pretty much anything.

I love Earth Paste toothpaste-it doesn't have glycerin in it.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I use the Castile soap

I make toothpaste powder, just plain baking soda is good.

Anything you can't eat is no good.

Every house should have tea tree and lavender oils, after that it becomes a matter of preference and what you want to use them for. AND you should get a book to reference, if nothing else, the contraindications and warnings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
8cRuNcHy_GyPsY8
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:36 PM

ive been useing tea tree oil and love it. what would the lavender oil be used for?

also what books would you suggest?

Quoting jellyphish: I use the Castile soap I make toothpaste powder, just plain baking soda is good. Anything you can't eat is no good. Every house should have tea tree and lavender oils, after that it becomes a matter of preference and what you want to use them for. AND you should get a book to reference, if nothing else, the contraindications and warnings.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Julia Lawless' illustrated encyclopedia of aromatherapy is great for beginners.
TTO is great for infections of all kinds and cleaning. Lavender is awesome for skin issues (burns, bruises, cuts, scrapes), bug repellant, calming emotions and nerves.

Quoting 8cRuNcHy_GyPsY8:

ive been useing tea tree oil and love it. what would the lavender oil be used for?

Quoting jellyphish: I use the Castile soap

Every house should have tea tree and lavender oils, after that it becomes a matter of preference and what you want to use them for. AND you should get a book to reference, if nothing else, the contraindications and warnings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:35 AM
What are the best toothpastes for kids?
8cRuNcHy_GyPsY8
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:15 AM

i would like to know as well

Quoting Precious333: What are the best toothpastes for kids?

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I use lavender oil like crazy. I dab it on the back side of all our pillows at night, it helps me sleep. I also use it on sunburns and bug bites.

Quoting 8cRuNcHy_GyPsY8:

Quoting jellyphish: I use the Castile soap

Oilmom405
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Hello

I use Young Living essential oils and all of the products you listed above are available from them. I use the toothpaste and floss and have not had a cavity. I love the shampoo, conditioner and soaps. They have essential oils integrated right in the product. They are a therapeutic essential oil company and there is a huge difference in the oils you can buy in the store and the ones from a therapeutic oil company. I love lavender, tea tree oil, and frankincense. I use them on my face for acne as well as aging. I am currently pregnant and use gentle baby on my stomach to keep from getting stretch marks and know other woman that use it to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I love my essential oils and essential oil products.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN