Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Natual birth not that painful?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 36 Replies
3 moms liked this

I don't get it. I had a 100% percent natural birth and it did hurt, but the pain was never absolutely unbearable..I never came to a point where I thought "I need drugs!" Anyone have a natural birth and not see what all the fuss was about?

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lynette
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I have had a natural birth like that thanks to Hypnobabies and a great position. But I have also been in a very painful natural birth and labor thanks to baby in back labor position.

Every birth is different.
Liz132
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:42 AM

With my son's homebirth the pain did get to the point where it felt "unbearable" thankfully that only lasted a short time compared to the length of labor. Drugs didn't cross my mind though.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have a natural birth but just wanted to welcome you to the group. 

Roisin07
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM

My pain was unbearable and thats putting it nicely lol. I'm hoping the next time around I can manage it better if its as painful as the last. Im opting for a waterbirth this time which I'm thinking will help me.

CampbellMama
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM
My first labor was like that! I didnt even know i was in (active) labor until my dr appt and I was dilated to a 9!!
Second was about the same!
But my 3rd and 4th...O-M-G...I had to have pitocin with both and I literatrly thought I was going to die with the 3rd. Right about the time to push I kept saying "I'm not going to make it"! Still never got pain meds, EVER!
JRSMOM0621
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Um no I was begging for anything to help ease the pain but was not given anything since my water broke and he head was already out immediately after. Getting the rest of him out was just awful and the afterbirth was the same...awful. I was over due and had very little water left so I am guessing that's why it sucked. But I felt so much better after than I did with my first. Given the chance would I go all natural again? Probably not lol
mamak3211
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM
For me it became unbearable because of the back labor and I no longer got breaks between contractions
Andylund
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM
My friend loves the whole birth pain. But her sister can't do it at all. She had to have the pain killers
norahsmommy
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM
My first 4 were unbearable, I didn't have drugs but I was in agony. 2 were sunny side up and all came fast with no breaks at all between contractions.

My 5th was my best. Labor was slower. It started at 7 pm, went slowly all night so I could sleep off and on. About 8 am things picked up and I walked through contractions, then they got more intense and I sat on a comfy chair and went limp during them to help ease pain. I started grunting a bit during them at about 9 am and dh suggested we go to the hospital.

I was 7 cm when we got there. I was still getting at least a few minutes of rest between contractions at that point so it was easy to collect myself and get ready for the next one. Even while pushing I got breaks between contractions. It was very nice and made pushing easy. I had a smile on my face most of the end of labor and pushing. She was born at 10:15 am.

That experience was so different than my others. I wish I had gotten breaks between contractions with them.

ACsLady
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM

All of mine have been born at home, so completely natural births. They hurt, yes, but I agree - it's not an unbearable pain. It's not something I felt like I couldn't get through. It sucked big time at certain points and was definitely the worst pain I've dealt with in my life, but I never thought I couldn't handle it. It doesn't last forever and the relatively short time (even a couple days is nothing in the long run) I have to deal with that pain is worth it to bring a new life into the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)